Two faced city fans

That they should be sat in their own end and not next to me. I'd rather concentrate on the game and any banter I may or may not decide to have will be with my fellow City fans. I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp.

Then just ignore them and concentrate on the game. I must admit that it doesn't bother me if there are away fans near me as long as they are well behaved and just supporting their team.

They were allowed to cheer to their heart's content!

Please read the thread!

I have read the thread thanks Tim. The op was about punches being thrown due to them being in the City end.

My reply which you quoted was agreeing with the opinion that they should be able to cheer to their hearts content.

Last edited:
Why do people get so bothered? There were about 4/5 Gladbach fans a couple of rows in front of me, they were quiet all game, in their 50s and didn't even really cheer when they cheered. Some blue thought it would be appropriate to give them a bollocking at half time telling the they should be in their end.

I could understand if the game was a sell out and city fans missed out on getting seats.

Then just ignore them and concentrate on the game. I must admit that it doesn't bother me if there are away fans near me as long as they are well behaved and just supporting their team.
Which it seems some were well behaved and some weren't depending on where you were in the ground.
Your idea of what makes a good match going experience and mine differ and won't likely change so I'll leave it at that before it becomes another BM circular argument that nobody wins.

I take it you are another one who can’t remember when mixed support was an everyday occurrence in this country.

I take it you weren’t one of the many city fans who have turned up at places all over Europe, supported their team in the home end, and treated with respect.

Assumedly you weren’t one of the 10,000 away fans who got into the home ends at Blackburn and cheered their team to promotion.

I take it you completely deplore all of those who took part in any of the above.

Here we go, have a go at Blue who's got the balls to have an opinion. You don't know me or my years of travelling Europe, so your condescending comments and wild assumptions mean nothing to me. For your information I'm a 50 yr old Blue and no, I cannot remember those misty-eyed days. Are you saying that away fans were tolerated in the Kippax? Bollocks were they. And yes, I enjoyed my day in the Jack Walker stand at Blackburn. Bought my ticket from a Blackburn fan, so by inference, there was an acceptance from Blackburn fans that the home sections would be full of City.

Deplore City fans that took part in any of the above? What are you on about? My friend, I travelled to BMG and Turin (where we were treated like dogs in the away end) and I've made a 200 mile round trip to every home CL game this season, so my opinion is as valid as any on here.

If you read my post properly, you'll understand that my anger is directed at the club for selling tickets in that particular area, the CITY SINGING SECTION. Why should my match day experience be affected by the club unilaterally deciding that there will be no segregation for this game?

And, if you were at the game last night, I take it you didn't see the German fans in Level 2 spitting on the Blues in Level 1?

I take it you completely deplore that do you?

Why do people get so bothered? There were about 4/5 Gladbach fans a couple of rows in front of me, they were quiet all game, in their 50s and didn't even really cheer when they cheered. Some blue thought it would be appropriate to give them a bollocking at half time telling the they should be in their end.

I could understand if the game was a sell out and city fans missed out on getting seats.
Probably because at HT we'd just saw another awful performance and the Blues were getting agitated and needed to blow off steam. That's the danger of having away fans in with you. Not everyone can remain calm and collected, and in their own end needn't be.

None of those in our section came for trouble. These were families, behaving in an appropriate family manner - and then they got threatened by dunderheads. Well, I'm glad you approve of that.

Trouble happens there as it does everywhere, but the point is that by and large people can sit by side without problem, and I'm sorry if you don't like that. I guess you would have hated football in this country for the first 100 years of its existence then.

I agree that fans should be able to sit side by side without any bother. The problem in this country is that football fans have become used to not doing that. Hence the culture has become one of expecting to sit with fans of your team, singing, cheering, arguing together. Its quite an unusual experience to suddenly have a large group of away fans sat around you. Unfortunately some fans reacted badly to that.

I watch a lot of rugby league, a sport that has a reputation for being unsegregated. In reality a form of semi segregation always exists. There are some areas of most grounds where away fans would not be expected to stand/sit. There are clearly defined areas where the away fans usually stand/sit. In most grounds there will be a stand where home and away fans mix. But the people going into that stand know what to expect, are used to mixing, usually enjoy it. Its the unexpected mixing of fans that leads to aggro.

I expect the police will be in talks with club over this to make sure it doesn't happen on this scale again.
It could have been a lot worse, every club has a hooligan element and I'm amazed the club didn't have an heads up how many BM fans were coming over without tickets.

Plenty of double standards in this thread, I've seen Blues celebrating in the home sections at various European aways without the threat of getting a slap.

Given that the match was never going to sell out why didn't the club have the foresight to leave a block empty next to the away section on each tier to accommodate any excess BMG fans?

There is a case for the club to be more flexible about away allocations for CL games, at least for the group stages which don't sell out.

But how would City fans react if the club voluntarily gave the away team an increased allocation? Say they'd given Gladbach the same allocation that the away fans get for a domestic cup tie? How would those seasoncard holders who had to move react? Wouldn't there be complaints about City sacrificing home advantage to make a few quid? Complaints from City fans whose United mates took the mickey out of us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.