Two faced city fans

Didnt come for trouble? Haha!
I was stopped by a group before the game asking me if I was with City's lads and do I know where the meet was for a fight.
I'm glad that we're not like Germany and I'm glad there's an element of rivalry in this country.
Your utopia sounds dull as dishwater and football will be a poorer sport if it ever goes that way over here.

None of those in our section came for trouble. These were families, behaving in an appropriate family manner - and then they got threatened by dunderheads. Well, I'm glad you approve of that.

Trouble happens there as it does everywhere, but the point is that by and large people can sit by side without problem, and I'm sorry if you don't like that. I guess you would have hated football in this country for the first 100 years of its existence then.

None of those in our section came for trouble. These were families, behaving in an appropriate family manner - and then they got threatened by dunderheads. Well, I'm glad you approve of that.

Trouble happens there as it does everywhere, but the point is that by and large people can sit by side without problem, and I'm sorry if you don't like that. I guess you would have hated football in this country for the first 100 years of its existence then.
I wasn't about so only know what I've been brought up on over the last 30 years of being a match goer. I don't approve of violence and have made it clear in my previous posts on the subject that if the away fans are to sit in our end then the least they can do is contain themselves when they score.
I can't speak for the ones who were near you, only the ones close to me, so whilst yours were families mine were lads in their 20's.

I'd like to have my say on this. I stand in 115 and have done all season after a forced move from level 2. Was in my seat about 15 mins before kick off and me and the lads I go with all spotted the german following in 114/115. Before kick off each of us had separate conversations with stewards pointing them out and saying how they were Borussia fans and should be dealt with before hand. The stewards replied with "we are monitoring the situation and have cameras on them". 5 minutes before the match all the german fans were chanting away with their fellow supporters in the away end, and it continued into the match, and trust me, they were giving as much shit as they were taking, all the usual banter. The barriers between home and away fans were put there for a reason, to SEPARATE them. The anger in 115 was generally not towards the fans who had got tickets in the home end, but the club, the stewards, and the police, who let it happen. When the equaliser went in, the Borussia fans in 115 were goading the blues, and a fair few blues snapped and took action (handbags to be fair), a situation that should have never been allowed by the club. If you go to another teams ground and buy tickets in the home end then fair play, but you keep your mouth shut. How many of you would go in the Stretford End and cheer when the away team scores and expect to get away with it? I can guarantee very few. Many of us pointed out the situation to the stewards and police and no action was taken, they were given the chance to fix the threat, and they chose to do nothing, not even a segregation until after it had kicked off when it was too late. And to top it off, despite the away fans being pointed out from before the kick off, it was the city fans who were being warned by stewards to back off and keep quiet. The club should be looked at in my opinion as to how these away fans got such a large group of tickets in such a close environment in the home end. And it's not a new issue.

Well said. I was in 115 and they were NOT your regular touring half n halfers. They took the piss and goaded City fans who reacted. When I talked to a couple of GMP's finest at half time on the concourse (whilst the group of Germans were STILL in the concourse, with no sign of being moved into the away end), they were very critical of the club selling tickets to away fans in that area of the ground. One told me that there were only 50 bobbies on duty that night, and the club by selling the tickets in that area could have caused a serious incident. In my opinion I think the fans were quite restrained, so the people on here taking to task MATCH GOING BLUES (did YOU all go?) need to wind your necks in and direct your faux anger at the club. Most Blues I spoke to last night did exactly that, directed their anger at the club, not a few pesky Germans.

Personally, I don't want to go to a match and stand next to an opposing supporter, I want to be with fellow Blues sing and sing til I'm hoarse, especially in the South Stand. This is football, based on intense rivalries and 100 year old battles on the pitch. If you think its fine to rub shoulders with opposing fans, go support Sale Sharks or worse still, go support Candlepool. Then you can stand in the Kop on derby day with r kid the Evertonian and swap shirts at half time? No fucking way, the intensity of English football is what makes it. The rival supporters penned in the corner, us against them, singing for the shirt.

I'd rather have a half empty stadium than have MY CLUB allow an opposing teams supporters to "unofficially" take large swathes of OUR ground, just to "boost" the attendance. No-one told me I'd be entering a "mixed" zone last night in 115, no-one told me I'd be stood next to rival supporters and no-one told me that match going Blues would have their singing section broken up by rival supporters singing German songs.

Bang out of order City..

No, it's quite correct. Enjoy a bit of a verbal piss taking with opposing fans by all means but it should never come to physical violence just because someone is supporting their own team.
How the fuck do you enjoy a bit of verbal piss taking when your team is getting walloped and performing as poorly as they have done all year - when the bar was already set pretty high!!
Sorry, that's not the game and match experience I fell in love with. I don't disagree with the physical violence part of your post. Of course you don't want to see punches thrown.

How the fuck do you enjoy a bit of verbal piss taking when your team is getting walloped and performing as poorly as they have done all year - when the bar was already set pretty high!!
Sorry, that's not the game and match experience I fell in love with. I don't disagree with the physical violence part of your post. Of course you don't want to see punches thrown.

If you don't agree with a bit of verbal sparring or physical violence, what should the response be then?

Well said. I was in 115 and they were NOT your regular touring half n halfers. They took the piss and goaded City fans who reacted. When I talked to a couple of GMP's finest at half time on the concourse (whilst the group of Germans were STILL in the concourse, with no sign of being moved into the away end), they were very critical of the club selling tickets to away fans in that area of the ground. One told me that there were only 50 bobbies on duty that night, and the club by selling the tickets in that area could have caused a serious incident. In my opinion I think the fans were quite restrained, so the people on here taking to task MATCH GOING BLUES (did YOU all go?) need to wind your necks in and direct your faux anger at the club. Most Blues I spoke to last night did exactly that, directed their anger at the club, not a few pesky Germans.

Personally, I don't want to go to a match and stand next to an opposing supporter, I want to be with fellow Blues sing and sing til I'm hoarse, especially in the South Stand. This is football, based on intense rivalries and 100 year old battles on the pitch. If you think its fine to rub shoulders with opposing fans, go support Sale Sharks or worse still, go support Candlepool. Then you can stand in the Kop on derby day with r kid the Evertonian and swap shirts at half time? No fucking way, the intensity of English football is what makes it. The rival supporters penned in the corner, us against them, singing for the shirt.

I'd rather have a half empty stadium than have MY CLUB allow an opposing teams supporters to "unofficially" take large swathes of OUR ground, just to "boost" the attendance. No-one told me I'd be entering a "mixed" zone last night in 115, no-one told me I'd be stood next to rival supporters and no-one told me that match going Blues would have their singing section broken up by rival supporters singing German songs.

Bang out of order City..

I take it you are another one who can’t remember when mixed support was an everyday occurrence in this country.

I take it you weren’t one of the many city fans who have turned up at places all over Europe, supported their team in the home end, and treated with respect.

Assumedly you weren’t one of the 10,000 away fans who got into the home ends at Blackburn and cheered their team to promotion.

I take it you completely deplore all of those who took part in any of the above.

If you don't agree with a bit of verbal sparring or physical violence, what should the response be then?
That they should be sat in their own end and not next to me. I'd rather concentrate on the game and any banter I may or may not decide to have will be with my fellow City fans. I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.