Two journalists have been shot dead during a live TV report

That country is so fucking backwards. they need books not guns.

Funny stuff! 330 million people and one out of that 330 million does something horrendous....which is made more so because it was on TV, of course....and you broad brush the entire country? Tell me that bit about backwards and books again....!!!

Last edited:
Having family who live in the States and having visited it many times I can state its anything but backward it can be a bit odd to Brits but most people I have come across over their have been decent hard working people

Funny stuff! 330 million people and one out of that 330 million does something horrendous....which is made more so because it was on TV, of course....and you broad brush the entire country? Tell me that bit about backwards and books again....!!!

You do have to accept though that in a country of 330 million people if enough of them were sick of incidents like this and there have been many something would be done about it, America is a great place but on this subject too many of your population are barking mad

Race and guns are your countries Achilles heel and it's a crying shame really

The genie is out if the bottle in the USA unfortunately. Can't see a solution, I'm afraid.
Absolutely. People simply have to accept guns are part of life here, and all that entails. There will always be crazies who do things we struggle to comprehend, but that's the point...we are not supposed to be able to fully understand it...that's what makes it so aberrant.

Tens of millions of people in America live their entire lives without ever touching, or even being in close proximity to, a personal firearm. However, in some areas of the country, a reasonable person should expect there to be one in every car and within close proximity in every home. Americans have lived with this for generations and it is not going to change any time soon, and tbh it is not something most people waste a minute of their time on.

Tomorrow, at least two more people will be shot in cold blood and no one on here will know them/see the video/care one iota. "Look, shiny object over there!"

Having family who live in the States and having visited it many times I can state its anything but backward it can be a bit odd to Brits but most people I have come across over their have been decent hard working people

I liked everyone I met in America, apart from the **** who was on the plane in front of me on the way over. I had an uncharacteristic loss of temper, called him an old **** and told him to shut his fat fucking mouth. Aside from that everything was great.

I think people in the UK just really struggle to understand the gun laws. Aside from the armed response units, our police over here aren't even armed. In America it's seems like everyone is. Just a quick look on youtube shows you a multitude of nutters who film themselves carrying assault rifles down the street, just so they can argue with the police about their constitutional rights when they turn up to investigate. It's alien to us, but something that will never change in America.

Absolutely. People simply have to accept guns are part of life here, and all that entails. There will always be crazies who do things we struggle to comprehend, but that's the point...we are not supposed to be able to fully understand it...that's what makes it so aberrant.

Tens of millions of people in America live their entire lives without ever touching, or even being in close proximity to, a personal firearm. However, in some areas of the country, a reasonable person should expect there to be one in every car and within close proximity in every home. Americans have lived with this for generations and it is not going to change any time soon, and tbh it is not something most people waste a minute of their time on.

Tomorrow, at least two more people will be shot in cold blood and no one on here will know them/see the video/care one iota. "Look, shiny object over there!"

Would I be right in thinking the problem is unsolvable because of the sheer number of guns in circulation as opposed to people seeing ownership as a right?

Of course. But the media will try to excuse themselves.

Over here, the media has generated big ratings by race baiting. Every single police action is portrayed as an attack on the black community. People tune in no matter what, doesn't matter that the perp pulled out a gun or tried to run over the officers with a car. And when the perp is later shown attempting to kill the officer, the media doesn't correct the record. They blame it on racist juries and judges, demanding convictions where no evidence exists. "White people are blocking justice y'all!" Then they riot, which means even bigger ratings. It's creating toxic race relations between blacks and whites.

Now one of their own began to believe their sensational BS and went postal. I want to see the manifesto before the media tries to bury it.

So, who's "they", then?

I'm a bit confused.

You do have to accept though that in a country of 330 million people if enough of them were sick of incidents like this and there have been many something would be done about it, America is a great place but on this subject too many of your population are barking mad

Race and guns are your countries Achilles heel and it's a crying shame really
Some people who study history feel like Britain is to blame for both issues, but we'll survive just fine.
BTW, how's Europe doing on the racism/nationalism front?

As for your comments, it would take about 75% of the population to agree to remove one of their basic freedoms. If you think that might happen, you simply have no understanding of America, history, or Americans.

As I have stated repeatedly, the only realistic thing that could be done would be to enact and enforce the strictest gun violence laws possible...but even then we would still be faced with the lone nutcase who thinks he needs to act out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.