Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

Maybe I look at life differently to you. When Ferguson dies I certainly won’t be disrespectful because he said a few things. That’s football rivalry. It’s alive when the person who that rivalry is with still lives.

When they die, rivalry goes out of the way.

Each to their own.

As for getting pelters, maybe those singing it shouldn’t have. The only people to blame for anything the club gets is down to them. Only them.
If only it was that simple mate.

Maybe I look at life differently to you. When Ferguson dies I certainly won’t be disrespectful because he said a few things. That’s football rivalry. It’s alive when the person who that rivalry is with still lives.

When they die, rivalry goes out of the way.

Each to their own.

As for getting pelters, maybe those singing it shouldn’t have. The only people to blame for anything the club gets is down to them. Only them.

I don't think those you've responded to will be disrespectful though. Some might be, but most on here discussing it now seem to be more likely to observe a minutes silence or stay away, not act like dickheads.

I've no problem with people saying that they won't suddenly change how they feel or act like he was wonderful. It doesn't mean they'll act like dickheads though. Most can manage a brief show of respect despite past grievances.

He was arguably the best English footballer in my lifetime. I have been a City fan since a few years before Bobby Charlton reached his peak, but for those idiots trying to be tribal, get a life and stop embarrassing City, Pep gave Bobby an beautiful tribute, give the legends respect and stop being fuckwits

I have pulled people up for singing the Munich song because I lived through that time and know what their families and friends went through. As well as the fans.
I always say similar words, ‘one of our own died and they were all human beings and mainly footballers just please leave it out.’
I realised that the younger people just didn’t know about Frank Swift. I will also say that no one has ever ignored me at the time, although they might have gone back to singing it when I wasn’t around. None ever ‘answered me back’ as they say. :-)

We were talking about this around the tea table believe it or not. When he dies, much as I don’t want to sing songs about it, do we all have to pretend he was a nice person? He’s a bully. I’m not going to forget the banner, noisy neighbours, not in my life time, and the general arrogance that he showed to us.
I always thought he was sneering at us, and the RDAHMeedya lapped it up!

I can think of plenty of reasons to dislike the rags, and as evidenced by the 50th Munich anniversary their holier than thou attitude can be particularly nauseous.

It wasn't a City fan who wore a 97 NOT ENOUGH shirt at Wembley, but that's not the point.

A few City fans have made us all look idiots, and provided an opportunity for posters like Jay Motty (Stretford Paddocks) to write some utter drivel and tar us all with the same brush.

I can think of plenty of reasons to dislike the rags, and as evidenced by the 50th Munich anniversary their holier than thou attitude can be particularly nauseous.

It wasn't a City fan who wore a 97 NOT ENOUGH shirt at Wembley, but that's not the point.

A few City fans have made us all look idiots, and provided an opportunity for posters like Jay Motty (Stretford Paddocks) to write some utter drivel and tar us all with the same brush.

We can't control what every City fan does and I don't care what some rag or dipper says about us.

They can quite honestly fuck off.

New charge incoming.

The players passing should be respected but this attack by the league is disingenuous and gives us a tiny glimpse into how they view MCFC.

All clubs have idiots but idiots also have the right to an opinion. We apparently live in a free society. I don’t like how this is reported but not surprised. The attack on city continues…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.