Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

There have been a load of new laws sneaked in over the last couple of years about what people can and can't say, either online or in a public setting.
Some of these laws talk about 'offending the public decency' and stuff like that, it's how the protestors at the coronation were preemptively arrested despite them not breaking any actual laws.
As soon as this got the airtime it did and rags started tagging the GMP on to the posts on social media it was inevitable that the CPS were going to get involved. The people tagging the police were essentially reporting that they thought a crime had been committed.
Either that or something, something, woke, cancel culture, can't even say the N word anymore, whatever happened to free speech like the good old days, blah, blah, blah.
They 17 year old lad has been charged under the Public Offence Law which came into being in 1986 but has had a few tweaks this year.

The one boy (and that’s what he is) should get a decent brief and just play Elvis Costello’s “Tramp the dirt down” in court. It’s about how Costello would celebrate the death of Margaret Thatcher when she popped her clogs. After Thatcher died Costello said he would continue to play the song.

It’s in bad taste but these were two lads who are young enough to be daft enough.

I know many Blues sang about the Rags and the Munich air crash, it wasn’t just City fans either. I never joined in as one of my best friend’s parents were killed in the Tenerife air crash of 1980, I saw what effect it had on him, and still does to this day. However, I know a lot of those supporters who sang about Munich have now matured and wouldn’t dream about singing it now, it’s all about life and learning.

Im no Angel by the way, arrested and charged for disorderly behaviour as an 18 year old, taught me a lesson, especially the effect it had on my mum, never did it again and mid 60’s now.

I’ve no idea about the chain of events. All I do know is, as I said originally, that I’ve never known any other club feel the need to make official statements about a bit of singing on the concourse. And I don’t think there was any need here, whether they were asked about it by the press or not.
Maybe that's because other clubs aren't hounded by the press constantly and are made to look the villains in every scenario.
Of course other clubs may make statements all the time but they aren't reported on or seen by fans of other clubs.

After Foden was fouled and the ref gave the free kick against Foden. I stood and yelled 'fuck off ref' like I have done for decades. I than felt all these parents eyes staring at me !. It did cross my mind that I might be ìn trouble here as a steward was walking up the aisle.

I wasnt in trouble but I thought to myself do I want to be spending the best part of a 100quid to go to the match and than be worried shouting 'fuck off ref'. I wasnt in the family stand.

Not quite the same as singing about Charlton but in this woke society I feel I'm one word away from being in trouble.

I've been called every thing from ginger nut to baldy never bothered me. Call me what you want.

Dont get me wrong anything racist is wrong and I've never used racist language.

They 17 year old lad has been charged under the Public Offence Law which came into being in 1986 but has had a few tweaks this year.

The one boy (and that’s what he is) should get a decent brief and just play Elvis Costello’s “Tramp the dirt down” in court. It’s about how Costello would celebrate the death of Margaret Thatcher when she popped her clogs. After Thatcher died Costello said he would continue to play the song.

It’s in bad taste but these were two lads who are young enough to be daft enough.

I know many Blues sang about the Rags and the Munich air crash, it wasn’t just City fans either. I never joined in as one of my best friend’s parents were killed in the Tenerife air crash of 1980, I saw what effect it had on him, and still does to this day. However, I know a lot of those supporters who sang about Munich have now matured and wouldn’t dream about singing it now, it’s all about life and learning.

Im no Angel by the way, arrested and charged for disorderly behaviour as an 18 year old, taught me a lesson, especially the effect it had on my mum, never did it again and mid 60’s now.
I think these kids have been a victim of the increased focus on 'tragedy chanting' too. The dippers made a cause of it and the Premier league clubs have all met and agreed to crack down on it after all the reporting in the press.
With the new guidelines and tweaks to the laws allowing anyone to be targeted and the focus on the dippers latest crusade being charged was inevitable for these kids. I'll be surprised if they get anything worse than a year's ban from football activities though.
In some ways this is kind of a test case as all the other similar offences that have had charges have involved either racism, homophobia or threats of violence.
If it had been Liverpool fans chanting then nothing would have come of this though, this is entirely due to the press reporting of the incident which shows a worrying two tier justice system where the press decide what is offensive and what isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.