Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

I’ll stand up for blues until I’m blue in the face but these fucking clowns did us no good at all last week and deserve whatever they get. Show some class. If United fans had done this about Franny, a (some of them probably did but they didn’t film themselves), we’d have been fuming .
One was 14 years of age, a second only identified as a minor so basically the same age. Did you not do anything daft at 14 ? Did you not stand on the Kippax and sing 'we all carry hatchets to bury in your head' ? Did you not shout Munich as a 14 year old?
These are not a new generation of the Kool Kats or the Young Govenors. They didn't assault anyone, they didn't throw darts or coins, they sang a very mildly offensive song. Look at the joke thread, already posters at putting jokes up about the bloke from Friends, isn't that offensive ?

The club totally over reacted as they do all the time when it concerns Blues.

So the club are scared of the media !
Is that why they never say anything against other clubs about their behaviour but immediately churn out apologies as soon as a Blue even stares at another fan.
I can only speak personally but the disconnect between MY club and its owners is growing.
Don't think the club are any way scared of the media, but it's a case of 'pick your battles.'
As pointed out the ridiculous part is GMP getting involved.

Think we were very vociferous in our condemnation of liverpool fans, both with the bus attack and the coin throwing incident.
Down to the police to press charges which they failed to do on both occasions.

One was 14 years of age, a second only identified as a minor so basically the same age. Did you not do anything daft at 14 ? Did you not stand on the Kippax and sing 'we all carry hatchets to bury in your head' ? Did you not shout Munich as a 14 year old?
These are not a new generation of the Kool Kats or the Young Govenors. They didn't assault anyone, they didn't throw darts or coins, they sang a very mildly offensive song. Look at the joke thread, already posters at putting jokes up about the bloke from Friends, isn't that offensive ?

The club totally over reacted as they do all the time when it concerns Blues.
I did it all mate. But I didn’t video it and put it on social media. I know they are just daft kids but in the modern era it made us look a bit stupid.

I did it all mate. But I didn’t video it and put it on social media. I know they are just daft kids but in the modern era it made us look a bit stupid.
Is it the 'modern era' rather than the kids that are the problem then? Hardly a day goes by when I don't give silent thanks that the 80s and 90's were largely internet and smartphone free.

Unfortunately we do have some idiots in our fan base, like every club but on the whole we have a good cross section of fans from all walks of life, it’s almost impossible to filter the idiots out

I’ll stand up for blues until I’m blue in the face but these fucking clowns did us no good at all last week and deserve whatever they get. Show some class. If United fans had done this about Franny, a (some of them probably did but they didn’t film themselves), we’d have been fuming .
Kids mate, we've all done fucking stupid things when we were young but most of us grow out of shit like that. We also (thank fuck) didn't grow up in a generation that feels the need to video everything they do and share it on social media. If we did something mad, we'd tell our mate's about it in the pub the day after, not put the shit out there for public consumption. Perhaps they deserve punishing, but only for being young, naive and stupid.

It sure I have the right name but I do remember something at the beginning of the season about “tragedy chanting/baiting or similar and all PL clubs agreeing to being more active in trying to eradicate it after chants about Hillsborough and that fan wearing something about 96 on a shirt etc. So uploading yourself or someone else singing about someone dying or a mass event is potentially dropping them right in the shit going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.