Two more retail companies look doomed

As I’ve said, I’ve not been in two decades and never even thought about it when I was back up in Manchester.

Always found it a bit OTT for a shopping centre. Westfields in Stratford, East London was nowhere near as grand yet always busy. Transport links were exceptional.
Trafford Centre now has a tram stop!!
It's also next to the M60 so the road connections are OK unless you go at a busy time as you'll be stuck on the M60 trying to get off.

It's never about quality with these huge chains though, it's about service and convenience. Greggs is by far the shittest place to get a pie on any high street (in the north, at least), but it's convenient, fast and consistent. Last time I went to Pizza Hut, I just wanted to quickly pick something up on the way home and I had to wait 40 minutes before they'd made it. They're shit.
Try the Hungry Horse chains. Specially to draw the masses in who don’t believe in pressing a microwave button at home. Food is bloody awful but the kids love the watered down cider.

Try the Hungry Horse chains. Specially to draw the masses in who don’t believe in pressing a microwave button at home. Food is bloody awful but the kids love the watered down cider.
Tell me about it. I was back in the UK for the first time in four years last Christmas, and we decided to go out for a meal as a family. But because there are two kids in the family, we had to go to one of those shite places with the soft play. 4 years of sampling the best food Asia has to offer, and I come to the UK and spend three times as much to eat a frozen fish and oven chips.

It's never about quality with these huge chains though, it's about service and convenience. Greggs is by far the shittest place to get a pie on any high street (in the north, at least), but it's convenient, fast and consistent. Last time I went to Pizza Hut, I just wanted to quickly pick something up on the way home and I had to wait 40 minutes before they'd made it. They're shit.
Greggs is shite down here too....surprised they're are still going, but then McPukes must be the most tasteless shit available in the world, and they do well. Or maybe Luke Shaw manages to keep Greggs in profit on his own.

Greggs is shite down here too....surprised they're are still going, but then McPukes must be the most tasteless shit available in the world, and they do well. Or maybe Luke Shaw manages to keep Greggs in profit on his own.
I've been out of the UK during the rise of Greggs, so I've only had it a couple of times. And both times, it's been a pretty small, lukewarm pie (well pasty, I guess). I had a similar experience with Nandos, which I heard people banging on about for years before I had one. And then the day finally came and I realised that it was just pretty dry chicken without much flavour. It's really popular here in Malaysia, which is insane to me, because Malaysian chicken rice shits all over it and is half the price.

We could add Subway to the list, incidentally. Shit bread that would embarrass any bakery on the high street, yet inexplicably the most successful fast food chain in the world. And I've contributed to that success a lot, because they used to have a branch next to my work. And they're fast and convenient, which when you're a lazy, disorganized prick like me (and most people) who can't plan ahead to bring food to work, you just go for the place that gets your full ASAP. They did once look at me like I was a mental patient because I asked if they had butter, as if that wasn't a completely reasonable request for a sandwich.

Tell me about it. I was back in the UK for the first time in four years last Christmas, and we decided to go out for a meal as a family. But because there are two kids in the family, we had to go to one of those shite places with the soft play. 4 years of sampling the best food Asia has to offer, and I come to the UK and spend three times as much to eat a frozen fish and oven chips.
Did you get a flake with it?

I've been out of the UK during the rise of Greggs, so I've only had it a couple of times. And both times, it's been a pretty small, lukewarm pie (well pasty, I guess). I had a similar experience with Nandos, which I heard people banging on about for years before I had one. And then the day finally came and I realised that it was just pretty dry chicken without much flavour. It's really popular here in Malaysia, which is insane to me, because Malaysian chicken rice shits all over it and is half the price.

We could add Subway to the list, incidentally. Shit bread that would embarrass any bakery on the high street, yet inexplicably the most successful fast food chain in the world. And I've contributed to that success a lot, because they used to have a branch next to my work. And they're fast and convenient, which when you're a lazy, disorganized prick like me (and most people) who can't plan ahead to bring food to work, you just go for the place that gets your full ASAP. They did once look at me like I was a mental patient because I asked if they had butter, as if that wasn't a completely reasonable request for a sandwich.
Subway has to be pound for pound the dearest fast food on the high street. Don't get me wrong I loved the steak with southwest sauce but half a footlong is so expensive for what it is.

Soft play top drawer though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.