Txiki Begiristain...

Tevez City said:
grim up north said:
Tevez City said:
So Marwood will be responsible for the academy and Txiki will take care of the 1st team transfer market.... lets hope he can do better.

So his best signing were Ronaldinho & Eto, and worst were Ibrahimovic and the Ukranian defender.

and your point is?

I wants to know more about his role and accomplishments at Barcelona, because judging him based on the transfer of Barcelona, he was not that great.

they built the team around Ronaldinho and were a tad successful

Were these two any good at Barcelona and why did they leave ? Two very important questions that need answering i would imagine ?

And this is MANCHESTER CITY not Barcelona ! I dont want my club MANCHESTER CITY to become or resemble or any other spin off of Barcelona !

Marwood was shite though :)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:
To pass FFP, we are talking margins of 10m being deal breakers. We are sailing that close to the edge.

Our big winner is that they discount some wages signed before 2010. I say two years not because of compensation but because it will get us out of the first Monitoring Period and presuming we continue commercial growth, we can afford to sack him.

I cannot see any possible way we can sign big in January unless we sell a big player.

In regards to the CL finances, if we sacked Mancini and his staff, brought in a new manager and his staff and could do so in under 20m then it could be done. But if this new manager doesn't go to the semis or later, we're buggered financially.

I don't see the rush if I'm honest. It's safer to wait two years which also will help our coefficient and get easier groups, than needlessly gamble away the financial or competition sanctions. We should be thinking about a period of consolidation to align our finances with other clubs and FFP.

The first MP we should be ok, it's the second one which I'm concerned about.

Sorry pal, you are well wide of the mark on this one.

You are essentially stating our owners are prepared to to sit on their hands for the next two years at least, regardless of results on the field, in lip-service to FFPR.

I'm sure they have been prudent enough to include various caveats in Bobby's contract, otherwise why offer him five years, why not four, or three?

It's a contradiction in terms to suggest our owners are long-term thinkers because they believe Bobby is the right man in charge, yet not accommodate future bumps in the road.

As for our financial figures, a couple more weeks, and we'll all get to see what they look like.

I also expect the January window to enlighten a lot more people as to the new direction we will be taking.

I'm stating nothing of the sort. I said that that is what I would do in the best interests long term. I made no comment on the owner or his plans.

For those who seem to be pointing at transfer bids put in, you're haven't thought this through. RVP wouldn't come in and us have five strikers, one would go which would make it like for like financially. Same for the rest.

In regards to Tolm, I don't have your sources mate but I so have a very good knowledge of FFP and have spent the last couple of years studying whether we can hit it. All projections say we should be ok in MP1 if we don't have a splurge. MP2 is up in the air and relying pn increased commercial revenue. Either way, how's about a friendly wager? For every million net we spend in Jan under 50m you give me a pound and every million spent over 50m I give you a pound?

Unless we have literally cheated, have decided that despite working with UEFA for three years we are now ignoring FFP, or we start selling players for big money, we can't afford a fifty million spend in Jan.

Dodge MCFC said:
Were these two any good at Barcelona and why did they leave ? Two very important questions that need answering i would imagine ?

And this is MANCHESTER CITY not Barcelona ! I dont want my club MANCHESTER CITY to become or resemble or any other spin off of Barcelona !

They where brilliant in Barca, but their President lost the vote..So they where kicked out

Dodge MCFC said:

I do. Barca improved on the Ajax model and if we could some how improve on that I'd be a very very happy bunny indeed.

SWP's back said:
So you don't think we implement a pressing game? Did you see the second half yesterday? For the first time this season the Swansea keeper was forced to kick long as Yaya, Balo et al pushed up onto their split centre backs to stop Swansea playing from the back.

I am not sure how it will work to be honest but I don't think anyone will be telling Mancini how to set up the first team.

We don't adopt a pressing game in the way that Barca do - see the first half yesterday for evidence - I'm obsessive about the pressing game and have been for many years so I frequently bemoan the fact City do not press the ball more.

I don't expect Mancini will be told what to do, and given his stuborness it would probably be futile, but he is a manger, not a director or owner, so he is there to implement their vision and I think it is valid to ask how far from their vision is his team and what do they expect him to do about it? As it is to wonder how much influence the new DoF will have?

I have not spotted whether or not Mancini will report to TB but, either way, he has a boss and it is not unknown for your boss to ask you to make some changes, even if it is less the case in football.

Oh and didn't anyone ever explain that there is not such thing as a silly question; just stupid answers?

S04 said:
Dodge MCFC said:

They where brilliant in Barca, but their President lost the vote..So they where kicked out
Cobwebcat said:
Dodge MCFC said:

I do. Barca improved on the Ajax model and if we could some how improve on that I'd be a very very happy bunny indeed.

Thanks

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Damocles said:
To pass FFP, we are talking margins of 10m being deal breakers. We are sailing that close to the edge.

Our big winner is that they discount some wages signed before 2010. I say two years not because of compensation but because it will get us out of the first Monitoring Period and presuming we continue commercial growth, we can afford to sack him.

I cannot see any possible way we can sign big in January unless we sell a big player.

In regards to the CL finances, if we sacked Mancini and his staff, brought in a new manager and his staff and could do so in under 20m then it could be done. But if this new manager doesn't go to the semis or later, we're buggered financially.

I don't see the rush if I'm honest. It's safer to wait two years which also will help our coefficient and get easier groups, than needlessly gamble away the financial or competition sanctions. We should be thinking about a period of consolidation to align our finances with other clubs and FFP.

The first MP we should be ok, it's the second one which I'm concerned about.

Sorry pal, you are well wide of the mark on this one.

You are essentially stating our owners are prepared to to sit on their hands for the next two years at least, regardless of results on the field, in lip-service to FFPR.

I'm sure they have been prudent enough to include various caveats in Bobby's contract, otherwise why offer him five years, why not four, or three?

It's a contradiction in terms to suggest our owners are long-term thinkers because they believe Bobby is the right man in charge, yet not accommodate future bumps in the road.

As for our financial figures, a couple more weeks, and we'll all get to see what they look like.

I also expect the January window to enlighten a lot more people as to the new direction we will be taking.

I'm stating nothing of the sort. I said that that is what I would do in the best interests long term. I made no comment on the owner or his plans.

For those who seem to be pointing at transfer bids put in, you're haven't thought this through. RVP wouldn't come in and us have five strikers, one would go which would make it like for like financially. Same for the rest.

In regards to Tolm, I don't have your sources mate but I so have a very good knowledge of FFP and have spent the last couple of years studying whether we can hit it. All projections say we should be ok in MP1 if we don't have a splurge. MP2 is up in the air and relying pn increased commercial revenue. Either way, how's about a friendly wager? For every million net we spend in Jan under 50m you give me a pound and every million spent over 50m I give you a pound?

Unless we have literally cheated, have decided that despite working with UEFA for three years we are now ignoring FFP, or we start selling players for big money, we can't afford a fifty million spend in Jan.

Dam' you have also forgotten to mention that other than 'cheating' 'ignoring' FFPR or 'selling players for big money' we can increase revenues.

I would suggest that your pre-suppositions on this are missing the vital fact that we can and likely WILL vastly increase revenues in the current and subsequent monitoring periods of FFPR.

Dodge MCFC said:

Laporta left in 2010 and Begiristain left with him at the end of Laporta's presidency, Soriano resigned in 2008 after taking their revenues from 13th to 2nd highest in the world.

During their time they signed:

Ronaldinho, Marquez, Quaresma, Larsson, Giuly, Edmilson, Belletti, Deco, Eto'o, Sylvinho, Van Bommel, Zambrotta, Thuram, Gudjohnsen, Henry, G Milito, Yaya Toure, Abidal, Keita, Pique, Caceres, Dani Alves, Hleb, Henrique, Ibrahimovic, Maxwell, Keirrison, Chygrynskyi,

promoted from the youth:

Iniesta, Valdes, Messi, G Dos Santos, Bojan, Busquets, Pedro, Jeffren

Left:

Fabregas(first summer, poached), Geovanni, Kluivert, Riquelme, Reiziger, Luis Garcia(Liverpool), Saviola, Navarro, Rochemback, Maxi Lopez, Van Bommel, Larsson, Giuly, Belletti, Thiago Motta, Edmilson, Zambrotta, G Dos Santos, Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Gudjohnsen.

The net on all that is -€264.65m, Mancini has spent about £250m I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.