Txiki Begiristain...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sorry pal, you are well wide of the mark on this one.

You are essentially stating our owners are prepared to to sit on their hands for the next two years at least, regardless of results on the field, in lip-service to FFPR.

I'm sure they have been prudent enough to include various caveats in Bobby's contract, otherwise why offer him five years, why not four, or three?

It's a contradiction in terms to suggest our owners are long-term thinkers because they believe Bobby is the right man in charge, yet not accommodate future bumps in the road.

As for our financial figures, a couple more weeks, and we'll all get to see what they look like.

I also expect the January window to enlighten a lot more people as to the new direction we will be taking.

have you something to tell us :-)

As there will be no It's Quiet - Dream of something better. Fuck me, that was almost cathartic!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6__s2-iytA0[/youtube]

Damn Tolmie now you have touched the hearts of all the sentimentalists and fantasists amongst us again! Oh we'll it's nice to have one last dance!

Well .. Begiristain in , with licence to oversee transfer actviity ... Marwood shunted sideways , but still in a position of some responsibility ... both men reporting to Soriano , and we roll on !!

What worked at Barcelona is hopefully gonna work here , or at least that what's the club hopes for anyway .....

time will tell !

Didsbury Dave said:
This is the most interesting part of the interview, and the one with the most significant ramifications on mr Mancini;

It’s not enough to have a technical director who only deals with the academy and grassroots work; he’s also got to be able to influence the first team as well and be able to take the vision forward. It’s pointless having a technical director getting the grassroots football to go in one direction and develop a style of play if the first-team coach does not agree with those ideas.

Given his history of working relationships and apparent dislike of external influence on his job, do we have a flashpoint situation ahead?

What am I saying?

When will the flashpoint occur and what will be its fallout?

The vision for how the team should play will not be exactly how Bobby's team plays and that immediately raises questions as to whether Bobby will be asked to make some changes?

Bobby may be glad to see Marwood moved but a new more powerful DoF might not be what he wants, and I'm sure Txiki will be powerful: afterall, this is the guy who was the DoF that presided over the creation of possibly the best club side of all time; certainly the best I've seen.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is the most interesting part of the interview, and the one with the most significant ramifications on mr Mancini;

It’s not enough to have a technical director who only deals with the academy and grassroots work; he’s also got to be able to influence the first team as well and be able to take the vision forward. It’s pointless having a technical director getting the grassroots football to go in one direction and develop a style of play if the first-team coach does not agree with those ideas.

Given his history of working relationships and apparent dislike of external influence on his job, do we have a flashpoint situation ahead?

What am I saying?

The vision for how the team should play will not be exactly how Bobby's team plays and that immediately raises questions as to whether Bobby will be asked to make some changes?
Hahahaha, no he won't be. What a silly thing to say.

if we go out of Europe, we will if anything be reducing the squad. Not bringing in new players. And the top players will remain at their clubs in January - they will all be chasing trophies and CL qualification. And how can the new regime have established their targets when they are scarcely into their new jobs?

SWP's back said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

What am I saying?

Then how is the club's vision to be implemented? Surely the common philosophy will involve trying to get all the teams to play the same way? If so, how prescriptive does that get? Will it involve more of a pressing game than the first team uses?

OB1 said:
SWP's back said:
OB1 said:

Then how is the club's vision to be implemented? Surely the common philosophy will involve trying to get all the teams to play the same way? If so, how prescriptive does that get? Will it involve more of a pressing game than the first team uses?
So you don't think we implement a pressing game? Did you see the second half yesterday? For the first time this season the Swansea keeper was forced to kick long as Yaya, Balo et al pushed up onto their split centre backs to stop Swansea playing from the back.

I am not sure how it will work to be honest but I don't think anyone will be telling Mancini how to set up the first team.

grim up north said:
Tevez City said:
So Marwood will be responsible for the academy and Txiki will take care of the 1st team transfer market.... lets hope he can do better.

So his best signing were Ronaldinho & Eto, and worst were Ibrahimovic and the Ukranian defender.

and your point is?

I wants to know more about his role and accomplishments at Barcelona, because judging him based on the transfer of Barcelona, he was not that great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.