Txiki Begiristain...

johnny crossan said:
BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Mancini is god in my eyes as he delivered something that I thought I would never see in my lifetime. Until told otherwise,he is the best man for the job and yes he is a genius to me and my little lad.

To be honest, if you didn't foresee us winning a league and an FA Cup after Sheikh Mansour's investment in the club then I'd suggest you need to improve your foresight... :)
you did it Billy - an example to us all ;)

Hehe ... a sound point well made Jonny. I suppose I'm never going to live down that fateful night when Liverpool and Andy Carrol schooled us at Anfield and I made the terrible decision to post on the forum when half drunk and viciously jet lagged!

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:
Good afternoon Brian.

Haha. The funny thing is - on a personal level I can't stand Brian Marwood. The way he operates behind the scenes at City is certainly not to my tastes. In nature he's very similar to Mancini in that both men carry an air of self importance around which alienates many people around them. But that has nothing to do with his judgment on incoming players, nor on his capacity to do the dirty work which Khaldoun has needed doing around the club in the last couple of years.

Mancini is god in my eyes as he delivered something that I thought I would never see in my lifetime. Until told otherwise,he is the best man for the job and yes he is a genius to me and my little lad.

Give me +500 Million Pound on transfer fees, never mind wages and I will give you the League every year and also will promise you to qualify from the group stages every year also.

As Billy has pointed out,primarilly and predominantly,you have the owner to thank for that.

The confusion is why many can't see the wood for the trees.

If it is the case that giving someone squillions = success, then why isn't Leslie still in charge? Oh, yeah, that's right, cos it's not that fucking easy!

I'm no doubt going to get slated for suggesting that the money vs managerial ability equation can be worked out but some academics claim they can and it opened by eyes. I won't dare post the link again but it's conclusions:

1. You've no chance without massive investment these days. No Manager can do without it however good.

2. Mancini (even given point 1) is the third best Premiership Manager of all-time after Wenger and Bacon. Last season we got 23 more points than an average manager would have got us given money spent.

3. If Brian Clough had been represented more in the Premiership years he would be No 1.

Now whether you think Mancini had a proportionately lower influence on point 2 in that he had a lot of help from his back room staff is another point again.

But the person, I believe, would most most like to see City lose Mancini....Alex ferguson.

On a side note and just from a personal point of view I'll never forget him standing up to Ferguson in the Derby. About time someone did.

BillyShears said:

To be honest, if you didn't foresee us winning a league and an FA Cup after Sheikh Mansour's investment in the club then I'd suggest you need to improve your foresight... :)

This.

People speak as though it was a shock, it's not like we are a shit side like Liverpool and won the title with a single striker etc.

Mancini has done a good job but he has been given good tools. See him as a carpenter with gas powered nail guns and new sharp saws. It's not like he's using a hammer and a blunt saw is it. People would have him walking on water for gods sakes. I appreciate Mancini, I even named my dog after him 'Bobby', I will never forget his achievements and always be endedbted to his achievements but for gods sakes people look past your god damn noses. Stop the affection for players and managers to the point where it clouds judgement. Step back and love club and see everything as it should be, a work place for contractors. We are in a position where we hire the best talent on and off the field, we shoudl only be looking up, in business their are no room for sentiments and we must follow this mantra. In life people have kids which are the greatest gift to man', some people divorce their partner, they don't stay attached just because they born their child. This applies to us to, we have some silverware and doing well but if things need changing for the greater good then so it should be. Thinking otherwise is ridiculous imo.

Tevez City said:
BillyShears said:
Haha. The funny thing is - on a personal level I can't stand Brian Marwood. The way he operates behind the scenes at City is certainly not to my tastes. In nature he's very similar to Mancini in that both men carry an air of self importance around which alienates many people around them. But that has nothing to do with his judgment on incoming players, nor on his capacity to do the dirty work which Khaldoun has needed doing around the club in the last couple of years.

Give me +500 Million Pound on transfer fees, never mind wages and I will give you the League every year and also will promise you to qualify from the group stages every year also.

How much has Mancini spent?

Sorry if already covered, but does Soriano and now Txiki Begiristain in any way suggests the paving is being laid for a Pep arrival, no matter the results Mancini hands us?

Is it known how Pep felt/feel for the Spanish executive duo? Him and Txiki were pretty tight right?

Matt the Giant said:
Sorry if already covered, but does Soriano and now Txiki Begiristain in any way suggests the paving is being laid for a Pep arrival, no matter the results Mancini hands us?

Is it known how Pep felt/feel for the Spanish executive duo? Him and Txiki were pretty tight right?
Its been covered to death mate,the link is blindingly obvious,to think otherwise would be very naive,ignorant and shortsighted.

waspish said:
Tevez City said:

How much has Mancini spent?

about £250m iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.