Txiki Begiristain...

fbloke said:
Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sorry pal, you are well wide of the mark on this one.

You are essentially stating our owners are prepared to to sit on their hands for the next two years at least, regardless of results on the field, in lip-service to FFPR.

I'm sure they have been prudent enough to include various caveats in Bobby's contract, otherwise why offer him five years, why not four, or three?

It's a contradiction in terms to suggest our owners are long-term thinkers because they believe Bobby is the right man in charge, yet not accommodate future bumps in the road.

As for our financial figures, a couple more weeks, and we'll all get to see what they look like.

I also expect the January window to enlighten a lot more people as to the new direction we will be taking.

I'm stating nothing of the sort. I said that that is what I would do in the best interests long term. I made no comment on the owner or his plans.

For those who seem to be pointing at transfer bids put in, you're haven't thought this through. RVP wouldn't come in and us have five strikers, one would go which would make it like for like financially. Same for the rest.

In regards to Tolm, I don't have your sources mate but I so have a very good knowledge of FFP and have spent the last couple of years studying whether we can hit it. All projections say we should be ok in MP1 if we don't have a splurge. MP2 is up in the air and relying pn increased commercial revenue. Either way, how's about a friendly wager? For every million net we spend in Jan under 50m you give me a pound and every million spent over 50m I give you a pound?

Unless we have literally cheated, have decided that despite working with UEFA for three years we are now ignoring FFP, or we start selling players for big money, we can't afford a fifty million spend in Jan.

Dam' you have also forgotten to mention that other than 'cheating' 'ignoring' FFPR or 'selling players for big money' we can increase revenues.

I would suggest that your pre-suppositions on this are missing the vital fact that we can and likely WILL vastly increase revenues in the current and subsequent monitoring periods of FFPR.

FB, there was a very interesting page on the back of the programme yesterday along those very lines...

Lots of listings of our club "partners" and interestingly (I thought...) a lot of space for additional "1st", "2nd", "4th" and "5th" level partners...
Could someone post the pic of that if possible - don't know how to post pics!

Looked to be space for at least 2 "partners" at the same level of Etihad & Umbro/Nike....
Could be some significant deals in the pipeline???

I think he will do a better job in the transfer market than Marwood.I think it will also benfit Mancini who had an uneasy relationship with Marwood.

broady said:
fbloke said:
Damocles said:
I'm stating nothing of the sort. I said that that is what I would do in the best interests long term. I made no comment on the owner or his plans.

For those who seem to be pointing at transfer bids put in, you're haven't thought this through. RVP wouldn't come in and us have five strikers, one would go which would make it like for like financially. Same for the rest.

In regards to Tolm, I don't have your sources mate but I so have a very good knowledge of FFP and have spent the last couple of years studying whether we can hit it. All projections say we should be ok in MP1 if we don't have a splurge. MP2 is up in the air and relying pn increased commercial revenue. Either way, how's about a friendly wager? For every million net we spend in Jan under 50m you give me a pound and every million spent over 50m I give you a pound?

Unless we have literally cheated, have decided that despite working with UEFA for three years we are now ignoring FFP, or we start selling players for big money, we can't afford a fifty million spend in Jan.

Dam' you have also forgotten to mention that other than 'cheating' 'ignoring' FFPR or 'selling players for big money' we can increase revenues.

I would suggest that your pre-suppositions on this are missing the vital fact that we can and likely WILL vastly increase revenues in the current and subsequent monitoring periods of FFPR.

FB, there was a very interesting page on the back of the programme yesterday along those very lines...

Lots of listings of our club "partners" and interestingly (I thought...) a lot of space for additional "1st", "2nd", "4th" and "5th" level partners...
Could someone post the pic of that if possible - don't know how to post pics!

Looked to be space for at least 2 "partners" at the same level of Etihad & Umbro/Nike....
Could be some significant deals in the pipeline???

I think that is almost certain to happen shortly after the annual results are out.

It will show further progress rather than a massive leap in one year.

Also, as United have for example 15 or more official mobile phone partners do you think it impossible that we have room to earn far more without too much effort.

Anyone think we will start buying bargain players from Spain?

There seem to be a lot of players out of Spain who are underrated like Cazorla and Dave before they got here. Valencia consistently get bargains on a low budget.

Signing of Txiki Begiristain is another step in the right direction and hopefully takes some of the pressure off the Mancini/Marwood relationship e.g. the recent transfer window issues.

If, as it seems with this appoinment, we are determined to replicate the Barcelona model over the coming years, rather than parachuting Guardiola in to the job I'd be more inclined to believe that we may try to promote from within should the time comes when Mancini is to move on. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Vieira is pinpointed to be our 'Pep' and given the opportunities over the coming months/years to expand his coaching experience in readiness for the first team role. With the managers he's played under (Capello, Wenger, Mourinho, Mancini,) if anyone has had suitable rolemodels for where we wish to go then it's him, and his current role should have given him the ideal grasp of the ethos of the club both in terms of it's past and it's future. At Barcelona these guys traded on 'identity' and I can see a similar approach being what we are looking for here.

I am willing to bet the first significant thing this pair do is set up a deal for balotelli somewhere, as long as they can find a buyer.

That would save enough to pay off Mancini if he doesn't win the league in itself ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
I am willing to bet the first significant thing this pair do is set up a deal for balotelli somewhere, as long as they can find a buyer.

That would save enough to pay off Mancini if he doesn't win the league in itself ;-)

Well if there's any substance in these links to Jovetic that keep coming up then one of the four up top would presumably be making way, and as it stands Mario looks to be at front of the line by the out door. Would Mancini be that upset to see him go? I'm not so sure now.

Shands said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Well if there's any substance in these links to Jovetic that keep coming up then one of the four up top would presumably be making way, and as it stands Mario looks to be at front of the line by the out door. Would Mancini be that upset to see him go? I'm not so sure now.

There will be a point when even Mancini will cut his losses with Balo if he has too.

Kompany is King said:
Signing of Txiki Begiristain is another step in the right direction and hopefully takes some of the pressure off the Mancini/Marwood relationship e.g. the recent transfer window issues.

Marwood is toast and won't be giving anyone, they have marginalized him and put him in charge of the academy and he doesn't get the message from that he'll be in charge of ball boy recruitment by next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.