Txiki Begiristain

Wow amateur Psychology on a Thursday night, deep!

Big boys don't cry.

It's good to have the Cabal back discussing how 90% of the poster on here are ignorant babbons.

It's the new "aloof and sneering" Cabal.

It's almost like some staff are beyond criticism.... and not for the first time.

I don't believe any true City fan posting has any other motive than wanting the best for City. They and I may sometimes may post knee jerk crap, however there is no need for the sneering, condescending replies that are regularly posted from some.

Get completely fucked. You don't get to dive into the muck then complain that you've got mud on you. Either be the change you want to be or stop being such a massive hypocrite.

If those targets were identified by Pep, isn't it his job to close the deals? Not blaming him exclusively but isn't it his job to identify players and recruit them?
Unfortunatley you can't always get what you want, sometimes it's best to wait until the players you want are available otherwise you get into the habit of just "panic" buying and then of course he'd get slated for that, Mangala comes to mind.

Don't forget Bellerin and Alaba were also both approached last summer to fill the full back positions, so it's plain to see the club knows what it needs but it's getting the "right" players at the right time. Work should already of started for this summers targets and with so many players contracts coming to an end we'll have the added bonus of not having to try and offload ageing players on big contracts.

But you've made that up. That's fan fiction.

You don't know he hasn't hit his targets.

You don't know what the AD regime think of him.

You don't know Pep's future is tied to his.

You don't know even if Pep "saved his job".

You've built a whole opinion on baseless foundations.

May 2013
"I would say I want to win five trophies in the next five years," said Soriano. He added: "That is the Champions League, the Premier League or the FA Cup."

I assume he and Txiki share similar goals?

Like I said earlier, work to be done. Big Summer ahead.

But you've made that up. That's fan fiction.

You don't know he hasn't hit his targets.

You don't know what the AD regime think of him.

You don't know Pep's future is tied to his.

You don't know even if Pep "saved his job".

You've built a whole opinion on baseless foundations.
It's a forum, no-one on here has anything but an uninformed opinion

We all speculate based on what we can have an opinion on , what we see with our own eyes.

Based on this I believe player recruitment has been poor , do you believe any different ?

Perhaps we should all just agree with you and have done with it

Get completely fucked. You don't get to dive into the muck then complain that you've got mud on you. Either be the change you want to be or stop being such a massive hypocrite.

Progress! At least "Get completely fucked" ain't so condescending.

BTW, I'm listening to the podcast, it's quite good. Well done.

May 2013
"I would say I want to win five trophies in the next five years," said Soriano. He added: "That is the Champions League, the Premier League or the FA Cup."

I assume he and Txiki share similar goals?

Like I said earlier, work to be done. Big Summer ahead.
Posted the link to that many times cant be bothered again, but it was an off the cuff aspirational answer to a question not a specific goal, he also said cup not FA cup, people discount the league cup because its convenient, and he didnt put a plural on it when he was new to a country with two cups.

It's a forum, no-one on here has anything but an uninformed opinion

We all speculate based on what we can have an opinion on , what we see with our own eyes.

All opinions do not have equal merit because they don't have equal backing to them.

I can speculate that Txiki Begiristain is actually an alien called Zog and his recruitment policy is a way of bringing his alien shapeshifting friends into Manchester to begin a world invasion.

This doesn't mean that's unchallengable or equal to the opinion that Txiki is working with the coaching staff and the scouting department to identify targets then going to the board with estimated figures to begin negotiations for them.

One of those is based on something and the other isn't.

Based on this I believe player recruitment has been poor , do you believe any different ?

I think that any recruitment strategy that has Gabriel Jesus, Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne, Stones, Fernandinho, Otamendi and others in it cannot be called "poor", no. Again, his job doesn't rely on the performance of the players - it relies on whether they have been useful to the sqaud.

Perhaps we should all just agree with you and have done with it

Maybe. Or maybe you can build a point that isn't based on speculation of speculation of speculation and see where it ends up instead?

Posted the link to that many times cant be bothered again, but it was an off the cuff aspirational answer to a question not a specific goal, he also said cup not FA cup, people discount the league cup because its convenient, and he didnt put a plural on it when he was new to a country with two cups.

Not disputing if you know better. However those quotes were circulated by several news outlets at the the time.

Not to dissimilar to what I posted?

"I think that next season is going to be much better, I am convinced about that. It doesn't mean we are going to win one or two titles, but in the grand scheme of things, if we look at the next five years and I could plan now, I would say I want to win five trophies in the next five years. That may mean we win no trophies one year and two in another, but on average, I want one trophy or title a year."

Does the Champions League come into that?
"That is the Champions League, the Premier League or the Cup."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.