Txiki Begiristain

We have broken all sorts of records and played the best football this club and the league have ever witnessed,all while having a dickhead who doesn't know what he's doing for a DOF........Errrr,OK

Not to play Devil's advocate but we've also spent the most money in that period. You need to put those achievements in context. Of course we should have played the best football our club has seen when Txiki has spent close to 1 billion on players.

Anyone who thinks that the CFG, the most strategically run business in footbalL, will not have a plan to replace Sergio at the end of his contract is utterly bonkers. The lists wIll have been drawn some time ago and Initial interest gauged.

In my mind there are 2 obstacles preventing the club making concrete moves for players at present.

1. Pep’s contract situation
2. FFP restrictions / lack of security of income during the pandemic

There will need to be clarity in both these areas before the club will embark on moving forward on the star striker replacement.
Well you can fuck right off with that wonderful response.The haters are gonna hate.Why ? Because too many Blue Mooners can`t see the wood for the trees.
Lets spend millions.Why ? Because we can !!
Erm NO we can`t.
Yes we can because the media says we have a war chest.
And ?
Well Txiki is shit because we still need x y and z and we havn`t got rid of a b and c.
Well if only some of you knew how Contracts of Employment work then you might want to shut the fuck up.
If that last paragraph upsets you then tough shit.
I recall a few years ago when Chris Bailey asked the question to Khaldoon "who has the final say on transfers" his response was "Pep".
"We hold regular meeting prior to all windows and discuss our transfer options and as a group we look at various names and where we need to strengthen.Names will also be discussed as to which players we don`t wish to keep, but that is dependant on who we sign".
Fucking easy this transfer lark aint it ??
If only some you understood the legalities and hard work it takes NOT just from Txiki but Sorianno and a host of other top Management personnel to get a transfer through the doors at The Etihad, then you might want tyo refrain from slagging off our Management Team at every transfer window.
Rant over !!
For the time being.
And NO I`m not a "happy clapper" as we do fuck things up,but name me a Club thats doesn`t on both transfers in and out.

Not to play Devil's advocate but we've also spent the most money in that period. You need to put those achievements in context. Of course we should have played the best football our club has seen when Txiki has spent close to 1 billion on players.
Don't we have one of the best £ per trophy ratio of the last 5 years or is it 10? It's one of the two.

Last edited:
Don't we have one of the best £ per trophy ratio of the last 5 years or is it 10? It's one of the two.

Yeah but logically we should. Our squad was compiled for more than any other team in our league, naturally it should be expected that we win trophies like the league Cup because we can field better teams than our counterparts.

I'm not necessarily passing commentary on Txiki. But this idea that City have generally done well on the pitch so Txiki MUST be doing a good job is a total fallacy. We've spent the most, it's expected that we would win trophies. If there's going to be a discussion on Txiki, focus on his body of work not the trophies City have won with him being DOF.

Yeah but logically we should. Our squad was compiled for more than any other team in our league, naturally it should be expected that we win trophies like the league Cup because we can field better teams than our counterparts.

I'm not necessarily passing commentary on Txiki. But this idea that City have generally done well on the pitch so Txiki MUST be doing a good job is a total fallacy. We've spent the most, it's expected that we would win trophies. If there's going to be a discussion on Txiki, focus on his body of work not the trophies City have won with him being DOF.
Yes we should, but we quite easily couldn’t if it had been invested badly. The fact we have means it’s been well invested and the job has been done well not badly, as some would have us think.

Yes we should, but we quite easily couldn’t if it had been invested badly. The fact we have means it’s been well invested and the job has been done well not badly, as some would have us think.

It's a spectrum. If you can't invest billion into a club and win trophies, that's diabolical. I would generally say Txiki has been quite average. We've secured top players because we have such an attractive sporting project but we rarely get players for below market value and our selling has been quite poor generally. He's identified players well but it's also been quite hit and miss.

It's a spectrum. If you can't invest billion into a club and win trophies, that's diabolical. I would generally say Txiki has been quite average. We've secured top players because we have such an attractive sporting project but we rarely get players for below market value and our selling has been quite poor generally. He's identified players well but it's also been quite hit and miss.

Yeah I would say average is a good call certainly no more than that.

In hindsight,youre right,spending billions should ensure success and trophies,just ask the Rags......

I see Txiki as the delivery man, he doesn't choose the player.

Its Pep.

Khladoon tells him you will have your yearly +150m to invest, and he goes and spend it on whatever he can get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.