Txiki Begiristain

Before blaming the man does anyone know if he’s actually failed. Lot of opinions on social media but does anyone know what’s really going on? How much did we really want Kane and Ronaldo? Obviously money’s no objection is not our policy.
We are having our most successful era ever so we must be doing something right on recruitment. It’s not Peps policy to sign ageing players so why should he start now (though we do now). Plus we don’t know how much fair play is hampering us.

It isn't just Txiki there is a team involved in getting transfers done.

...and that team has failed at strengthening any of the areas in the squad that actually needed strengthening.

They utterly fucked it and now we're relying on midfielders to score all the goals for another season running and a midfielder at leftback.

I’ve lost faith in a lot of blues this past 24 hours

the giddiness over signing that selfish, arrogant and egotistical twat was nauseating

did anyone really want to be cheering him playing in blue?

It made me physically ill

the only problem we have with our transfer activity is the fall back of having Pep as our manager , it means we don’t go all in and are willing to back off when the numbers get eye watering

the solution isn’t always adding new players

especially 36 year old rag bastards

I'm sorry but you can be critical of Txiki regardless of this Ronaldo saga.

Did anyone watch Pep's press conference today? He was clearly disappointed and stressed, and yes part of it would have been the Mendy situation, but the transfer questions clearly touched a nerve. I think he's fed up of not getting our targets.

Grealish took far too long to conclude. Kane took far too long to not sign. Messi saga consumed last summer and rolled on throughout last season. The Ronaldo saga (though never going to happen) is embarrassing, despite the fact we never actually bid for him, because the club allowed the press momentum to build whilst it weighed up things, until dropping out as soon as united became interested.

The question is clear. Does the club need a striker this window, or is it happy with our team if we don't get one? Pep said the latter today, but why then have we put bids in worth £100m+ for Kane this window? Why not shut down the Ronaldo talk 2 days ago? Now I fear the club has genuinely no targets left for that position, and it doesn't know what to do.

We have possibly the greatest manager of all time under contract for 2 more seasons, and we're going to make the most of that by giving him a squad without a recognised striker for half of that (and who knows, maybe the same will happen next summer?). Even when we had the false 9 Gundogan run last year, we all knew we needed a striker.

Striker and Left Back required in 4 days. Let's see what this guy and his team are made of. If they thought we could make do with Delap, Torres and Jesus and they said that at the start of the window, that would have been more palatable. But to say that now looks really weak.

Before blaming the man does anyone know if he’s actually failed. Lot of opinions on social media but does anyone know what’s really going on? How much did we really want Kane and Ronaldo? Obviously money’s no objection is not our policy.
We are having our most successful era ever so we must be doing something right on recruitment. It’s not Peps policy to sign ageing players so why should he start now (though we do now). Plus we don’t know how much fair play is hampering us.
I do not mind missing out on Ronaldo to be fair. Its the missing out on a striker that is bugging me. We might still be successful this season and in that case well done to the whole team (incl. management), but I do feel we needed to replace Aguero. Some games would just be easier with a poacher/finisher.
I also feel that seeing players like Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo move, people on here expected a statement signing and this was supposed to be someone replacing a legend. I don't think people are particularly optimistic on Haaland either. In a way there arn't too many "big names" available now. Hopefully whoever we bring in eventually works out for us. Its an important position to fill and we need to be on point with the player.
I do feel that Messi was attainable this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.