Txiki Begiristain

Begiristain would have his pick of the world's top clubs if he left City. Imagine if PSG, Madrid, Barcelona, et al thought that he was gettable. Not sure how you can judge a DoF to be 'the best' but I certainly think the value he's added to City in his time here is unrivalled across world football.
Actually he's probably number 2, trailing behind Garry Cook.

Where is he now? Real Madrid or somewhere?

EDIT: Just looked him up. Got fired from the wrestling and did a short stint with Wigan Athletic. Let's hope he doesn't rock up at Old Trafford soon to get them back on track.

Actually he's probably number 2, trailing behind Garry Cook.

Where is he now? Real Madrid or somewhere?

EDIT: Just looked him up. Got fired from the wrestling and did a short stint with Wigan Athletic. Let's hope he doesn't rock up at Old Trafford soon to get them back on track.

Haha. Garry was a means to an end and deserves his praise for the early years. But he's been deified subsequently in a way which is pretty out of touch with the reality of his abilities.

I agree, plus the huge influx of new posters the forum has seen over the last few years that have replaced some of the older members who we’ve lost or have left haven’t improved the place. It’s definitely more hysterical at times.
Saying that I still enjoy a lot of the forum and it’s the only website that I’m active on so until they eventually ban me for good I’ll probably still be posting my shite.
Might have to go back to Pablo though because since changing to Phil he’s been in more fucking trouble than ever before off the pitch!! Haha!
They remind me of the spotty FT virgins whose only reason for existing is to call Txiki out whenever we don’t sign their favourite FIFA player. Fucking stinks

People are too quick to forget that without Txiki we wouldn’t have Pep - and he’s easily the best signing this club has ever made

I agree, plus the huge influx of new posters the forum has seen over the last few years that have replaced some of the older members who we’ve lost or have left haven’t improved the place. It’s definitely more hysterical at times.
Saying that I still enjoy a lot of the forum and it’s the only website that I’m active on so until they eventually ban me for good I’ll probably still be posting my shite.
Might have to go back to Pablo though because since changing to Phil he’s been in more fucking trouble than ever before off the pitch!! Haha!
It could be pretty hysterical back in the past!

I remember that some posters actually believed that "The Barca Boys" had uprooted their lives and families. moved abroad and taken the two biggest jobs at City with the sole intention to purposely destroy the club so that Barcelona weren't threatened.

It could be pretty hysterical back in the past!

I remember that some posters actually believed that "The Barca Boys" had uprooted their lives and families. moved abroad and taken the two biggest jobs at City with the sole intention to purposely destroy the club so that Barcelona weren't threatened.
Yep, the forum has always had its share of special people.
Seems most threads nowadays have a couple who do nothing but howl at the moon.

Yep, the forum has always had its share of special people.
Seems most threads nowadays have a couple who do nothing but howl at the moon.
As you typed that reply I was on another thread to find someone saying Pep "throws games" and "isn't all that good".

He's clearly done a very good/great job with the current squad but the striker and left back situations are bizarre.

And a lot of the signings in Pellegrinis first 2 seasons were dreadful.

There's an impression we are lax with tying deals up sometimes which lets people dive in, Jorginho, Alves, Sanchez etc.

And we definitely end up relying on release clauses a lot.

However that's probably Berrada more than Txiki thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.