Txiki Begiristain

I think the only criticism that can possibly be levelled at Txiki is that he’s been a bit lucky with regard to players we apparently wanted but didn’t get.

If media stories were to be believed (big if) then we were in for and missed out on Messi, Ronaldo, McGuire, Fred, Sanchez and Kane none of whom it transpires would’ve been good signings. If that bunch of has beens and misfits had signed I doubt we’d have had the same level of success.
First time I've ever seen Messi described as a misfit has been. His transfer has not been a success, so maybe you're right.
It is a moot point as to whether we still wanted some of these after negotiations. Alexis, for example, caused some, er, discussion in the camp and Khaldoon had to persuade Pep to drop him as too expensive.

I think the only criticism that can possibly be levelled at Txiki is that he’s been a bit lucky with regard to players we apparently wanted but didn’t get.

If media stories were to be believed (big if) then we were in for and missed out on Messi, Ronaldo, McGuire, Fred, Sanchez and Kane none of whom it transpires would’ve been good signings. If that bunch of has beens and misfits had signed I doubt we’d have had the same level of success.
Maybe, just maybe the man named Txiki is a genius, he made out his club wanted these players so badly but somehow allowed our rivals to beat us to the signings.

Slabhead, Fred, Messi, Sanchez and Kane have all proved Txiki to be a very smooth operator at a considerable financial and footballing cost to said rivals and players.

In fact I would say Txiki and the club execs are geniuses of the highest order.
1647415695628.png

Kane would’ve been a brilliant signing and the “didn’t want him anyway” crowd are in denial.

Kane would’ve been a brilliant signing and the “didn’t want him anyway” crowd are in denial.
In your opinion, is this the same Harry Kane that went missing for 1/2 a season and has played a couple of very good games for the rest?

If we sign Haaland this summer and it's looks like we have a very, very good chance, the worth and the loss of Harry will be well worth it.

Maybe just maybe the reason we didn’t actually sign them because it was all smoke and mirrors versus the players we did actually want !

In your opinion, is this the same Harry Kane that went missing for 1/2 a season and has played a couple of very good games for the rest?

If we sign Haaland this summer and it's looks like we have a very, very good chance, the worth and the loss of Harry will be well worth it.
If we sign Haaland then all well and good. Doesn't mean Kane wouldn't have been very good for us. He would.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.