Txiki Begiristain

Kane would’ve been a brilliant signing and the “didn’t want him anyway” crowd are in denial.
£150m for a handful of decent games from a player whose legs are gone and whose propensity to drop deeper and deeper to camouflage his inability to run would further congest our already crowded midfield.

Not for me.

There's a long and winding road back to the start of the anti-Begiristain movement on Bluemoon. You are right it does attract some odd, very fundaMENTALIST types.
Oh for the days where we could just all fall out over Mancini. Such simpler and happier times.

If we sign Haaland then all well and good. Doesn't mean Kane wouldn't have been very good for us. He would.
Maybe he would but a player 8 years younger and I would already say better, as well as a fee far less than Harry is not shoddy business in my book.

Oh for the days where we could just all fall out over Mancini. Such simpler and happier times.

I think they were at least more honest times. Nowadays I can't help but feel so many posts I read on here are generated by a bot version of the original poster. Like people have been cemented into whatever schtick they put on a decade ago.

I think they were at least more honest times. Nowadays I can't help but feel so many posts I read on here are generated by a bot version of the original poster. Like people have been cemented into whatever schtick they put on a decade ago.
I agree, plus the huge influx of new posters the forum has seen over the last few years that have replaced some of the older members who we’ve lost or have left haven’t improved the place. It’s definitely more hysterical at times.
Saying that I still enjoy a lot of the forum and it’s the only website that I’m active on so until they eventually ban me for good I’ll probably still be posting my shite.
Might have to go back to Pablo though because since changing to Phil he’s been in more fucking trouble than ever before off the pitch!! Haha!

You can't judge Txiki on the transfers he "missed out on" because you don't know why we "missed out" or whether we even did.

He can only be judged on the transfers in and out along with the squad retention and in my mind he's only got one wrong in the Pep era - Mendy. Every single other high profile signing has been a massive success and we have a brilliant, settled, balanced, lean, motivated and happy squad.

He's one of the unsung heroes of this glory era and in many ways is Pep's right hand man. And he has obviously played a big part in Pep's recruitment and retention too, which elevates him even further. I suspect now he would probably be considered to be the number one Director of Football in the world and if he ever left could literally get any job in the world.

I agree, plus the huge influx of new posters the forum has seen over the last few years that have replaced some of the older members who we’ve lost or have left haven’t improved the place. It’s definitely more hysterical at times.
Saying that I still enjoy a lot of the forum and it’s the only website that I’m active on so until they eventually ban me for good I’ll probably still be posting my shite.
Might have to go back to Pablo though because since changing to Phil he’s been in more fucking trouble than ever before off the pitch!! Haha!

it's your fault! Get it changed asap haha.

Maybe he would but a player 8 years younger and I would already say better, as well as a fee far less than Harry is not shoddy business in my book.
Obviously, but if we don't get Haaland then Kane would be high up amongst alternatives we would consider. With good reason.

You can't judge Txiki on the transfers he "missed out on" because you don't know why we "missed out" or whether we even did.

He can only be judged on the transfers in and out along with the squad retention and in my mind he's only got one wrong in the Pep era - Mendy. Every single other high profile signing has been a massive success and we have a brilliant, settled, balanced, lean, motivated and happy squad.

He's one of the unsung heroes of this glory era and in many ways is Pep's right hand man. And he has obviously played a big part in Pep's recruitment and retention too, which elevates him even further. I suspect now he would probably be considered to be the number one Director of Football in the world and if he ever left could literally get any job in the world.

Begiristain would have his pick of the world's top clubs if he left City. Imagine if PSG, Madrid, Barcelona, et al thought that he was gettable. Not sure how you can judge a DoF to be 'the best' but I certainly think the value he's added to City in his time here is unrivalled across world football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.