Txiki Begiristain

You had 100million to improve the squad, and you go and spend it on Grealish !

& we had Pep and Khaldoon approving this deal is beyond belief.
Give the lad time to settle in before the lynching starts. We bought Jack from selling a fair few players. Couldn’t sack Mendy before he is prosecuted. Tried for Kane with no luck and anticipated Bernie maybe leaving and we still had Fern as backup to Rodri. Throw in FFP and it is what it is. A slow build job.

The club is many things to many people but it is run superbly well.

No Txiki no Pep = no haul of trophies over the last 5 seasons.

Last edited:
You had 100million to improve the squad, and you go and spend it on Grealish !

& we had Pep and Khaldoon approving this deal is beyond belief.
That isnt exactly factual though is it? Although i suspect this is another of your WUM attempts which you have reverted to of late.

We didn't have 100m to improve the squad......Pep wanted Grealish so we agreed to pay the buy out clause,which happened to be 100m.

A bit different to your take on it.

Txixi's name only really pops up when things go tits up. However its is valid to ask why the hell did we not replace Aguero and why did we buy Grealish.
Our transfer strategy does still seem to be watch Sky Sports for an hour and buy whoever they are touting us for.
Anything but. We know why Aguero is getting replaced this summer and wasn’t last, we know Grealish was looked at and targeted well before we went for him we know our tranfers are planned and usually done well before Sky have any inkling.

Last edited:
That isnt exactly factual though is it? Although i suspect this is another of your WUM attempts which you have reverted to of late.

We didn't have 100m to improve the squad......Pep wanted Grealish so we agreed to pay the buy out clause,which happened to be 100m.

A bit different to your take on it.

Even if he wanted Grealish, there was 100million the club spent to improve the team and it wasn't worth it.

There is an investment & return of investment

The club invested 100m transfer fees + 250 k wages for Grealish

while Liverpool invested 40m transfer fee + 70 k wages for Luis Diaz

The bench last night shows he needs to get recruiting this summer.
Should have been done last summer and I'm not saying this with hindsight. There's no doubt about the quality of our squad but the number of squad members in relation to the number of games the club was expected to play throughout this season is pretty low. I believe that our squad is actually one of the smallest in the league, 19 plus 3 youngsters who have hardly kicked a ball in anger for the club. To make matters worse, the only player who might be labelled as a striker, Torres, was allowed to leave mid-season without being replaced. Someone has to be accountable for this situation and I can only put it down to Chairman Khaldoun who was reported as saying we would be aggressive in the market yet only one player was signed and only because he had a release clause which we met.

Txixi's name only really pops up when things go tits up. However its is valid to ask why the hell did we not replace Aguero and why did we buy Grealish.
Our transfer strategy does still seem to be watch Sky Sports for an hour and buy whoever they are touting us for.
I think you're mixing us up with the red team across the way!

Even if he wanted Grealish, there was 100million the club spent to improve the team and it wasn't worth it.

There is an investment & return of investment

The club invested 100m transfer fees + 250 k wages for Grealish

while Liverpool invested 40m transfer fee + 70 k wages for Luis Diaz
How easily you forget the investment Sheikh Mansour made and the losses we made and the shit we heard and read. Look at us now and the value of his investment thanks to the quality of management he invested in. A massive return on investment over time, maybe give them a little credit and count the signings your Liverpool models made in the same time span ,and where they disappeared to.

Should have been done last summer and I'm not saying this with hindsight. There's no doubt about the quality of our squad but the number of squad members in relation to the number of games the club was expected to play throughout this season is pretty low. I believe that our squad is actually one of the smallest in the league, 19 plus 3 youngsters who have hardly kicked a ball in anger for the club. To make matters worse, the only player who might be labelled as a striker, Torres, was allowed to leave mid-season without being replaced. Someone has to be accountable for this situation and I can only put it down to Chairman Khaldoun who was reported as saying we would be aggressive in the market yet only one player was signed and only because he had a release clause which we met.
There is a big space between "should have" and could have. Our club is not run on a knee jerk basis and that imo is precisely why we have achieved what we have. I agree our bench looked light last night, but would you have preferred to have £ 200 million worth of short term signings sitting there or 3 or 4 of our own young players who may well be 1st team regulars shortly. There will be multiple reasons why City make the decisions they do and none of us are privy to how those decisions are made. It is very easy to be critical of something we have absolutely no clue about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.