Typical City !!

scousemanc said:
Its just a glitch, not the end of the world. And, you're not actually paying for it, it's free!

Which bits free?
The 47.00 quid + for the long sleeve shirt
The wasted 35 minutes on the phone
The 2 hours money I lost at work
or the rest of the money that could get emptied out of my bank account because "my" club could arrange a secure website?

Free ?

Lets no over egg it please.......The new site has a few teething probs thats all ffs.
The clubs tryin to improve on many fronts,cut em a bit of slack.
Takin time off work to be first for a shirt is a tad childish too !!

Kevcod said:
scousemanc said:
Its just a glitch, not the end of the world. And, you're not actually paying for it, it's free!

Which bits free?
or the rest of the money that could get emptied out of my bank account because "my" club could arrange a secure website?

Free ?

To be fair the club didn't ask you to have time off work or phone them... I'm sure theres a number of people working frantically to get the site up and running... and the unsecure website you chose to use yourself was not the official one, it was very obviously the version they used during the development of the site...

Calm down!

Unfair - as it happens I was looking foward to the new site this morning but not the end of the world. I have been involved in many product releases that have not really gone to plan (all more important than this one) but lets continue to appreciate the club is being run on a solid footing.

If I am being honest this thread is just one to build up a heavy response - so better get off.

Kevcod said:
scousemanc said:

Which bits free?

Free ?

Un-lucky!

The silence from them though is deafening, they won't even tell us what is wrong. As a programmer, I find the best option is to lay all the bug details out there, and allow users to understand the problem. Even when I was on here, I would explain the bug the site was facing and how I was going about it. You would be surprised what ideas are sparked off from a small comment that somebody made.
Even Reddit (which is a far larger site) will say "errr...we tried to do a backup, and the server crashed", or something like that. Not a generic message such as "Site down; we're working on it".

They have quite simply, not done enough testing and rushed the site out. Either that, or the testing they did do was flawed.

I sympathise with them a little. Rolling out a new product is a woman at the best of times when under an intense deadline.

The fact remains though, that the attention that the site brought was multiplied by City's PR machine. The PR guys wrote checks that their developers couldn't cash, as is the way with those marketing types.

Test, test, test then test some more - the golden rule of rollouts.

Despite extensive testing and billionaire backing we've managed to balls up the launch of our new website

Typical city. What a stupid statement. British airways, google, yahoo and apple etc etc etc all hugh corporations have fucked up big launches. Poor Me me me syndrome.

salfordtrueblue said:
Lets no over egg it please.......The new site has a few teething probs thats all ffs.
The clubs tryin to improve on many fronts,cut em a bit of slack.
Takin time off work to be first for a shirt is a tad childish too !!

I DIDN'T take time off !
If the bloody thing would have worked I would have been OK, but once you get a warning that your credit card security may have been comprimised would you just pop off to work and leave it?
That would be childish.

I do wish people would read what is actually written before this stupid knee jerk reaction of continually protecting this club comes into play.

Your luck to live near by - I live over 250 miles away so I have to do most things over the phone or internet.

I waited 7 hours on the phone for my Hamburg ticket
I got the wrong kit sent to me (after having to wait in for the courier) when I ordered the orange kit. (Not wrong size - wrong COLOUR)
I ordered a LCS shirt 2 weeks back and for some unknown reason it got sent to my Sister !!
I'm not picking holes, just stating facts.

The sad thing is I could have written this e mail last week, I knew they would cock up.

scousemanc said:
Kevcod said:
Which bits free?

Free ?

Un-lucky!

Not that un-lucky _ I realise that I could be worse off.

I could be a Scouser
:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.