U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Burnley on loan)

Re: U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Res' hattrick)

Joga Bonito said:
Age is becoming less and less of a factor in football (look at 16-year-old Romelu Lukaku if you don't understand me)...if he's confident and talented enough he should be given a go...but I wouldn't play him over our current forwards...

It was SGE who brought him here right?

Yes:
3447786819.jpg

There's actually a story about that, from the article in the old thread, translated it a bit::
John arriving in City

John Guidetti looked around in the room. He noted the refrigerator and the two large sofas. He looked at father Mike and the three coaches - SGE, Tord Grip and Hasse Backe. He thought that SGE looked as calm as he does on TV. Then John thought of something and asked SGE:
"Can I take a picture with Micah Richards?"

Manchester City were just about to walk out and play West Ham in the Premier League, the arena was to be filled and his father told him the players probably has other things to think about than being photographed with a teenager who hadn't even signed the contract offered to him. SGE waived away the fathers "pleasantries":
- No, no, no, this is important. I'll get him.
John shrugged his shoulders satisfied towards his dad while the manager left. When Eriksson returned he had the star defender Richards and a photographer with him.

- If I personally had to choose between Sampdoria[ed: he was on trial there, see old thread] and Manchester City I'd chose City. I'm not just saying that because I'm the manager here, said SGE.
John replied:
- But it's important for me to get to the senior squad as soon as possible, because I'll play World Cup 2010. Do you put faith in young players?
SGE looked "overrun"(can't remember the English word) by the honesty, but quickly gathered himself, looked John in his eyes and said:
- You can write that down! Ask anyone! As soon as you're good enough you'll be with us up here. Didn't you see Walcott in the World Cup?
John nodded, SGE smiled satisfied.

I'll add one more from the article, if you want to read it through Google translate it's here (click on "Barfotaspelaren")
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.offside.org/magasinet/smyglaesning.aspx?id=2848&templateName=preview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.offside.org/magasinet/smygla ... me=preview</a>

We're sitting in a restaurant - John, his dad Mike and me. John tells me he earlier told his prom date Sanna that he'd be late to the party because he had to train with his football team [ed: in Sweden, old club]. Sanna didn't get angry, but his class mates said:
"You can't do that to her! It's once in a lifetime".
John sighs:
"What "once in a lifetime"? Everything is once in a lifetime. I'm primary a football player, that's a full-time job. I know I'll miss my sister's graduation and wedding. Yeah I'll probably miss my own wedding, but that's because I have a crazy person's will to... I'm sorry, to I gnab on too much?"
- He can talk until tomorrow morning, father Mike says.
- Yeah, I'm probably a bit "non-shy".

Ex MEN:-

Swedish starlet John Guidetti struck a hat-trick in his first start for the reserves to send City back into second place in the Barclay's Premier Reserve League North.

A young Blues side made light work of a Burnley side shot through with experience - including ex-Blues Nicky Weaver and Stephen Jordan. Burnley took an early lead, but 17-year-old Guidetti bagged three, while Andrew Tutte scored a penaltyto complete the rout.

Guidetti won the player of the tournament award, representing the Academy in the recent Al Ain Championship tournament in Abu Dhabi.

Maybe he is as good as he says!!

Burnley fan at work went to the game. Said the 'Italian' lad upfront who got 3 was fantastic.

Also added that Burnley had 9 what he'd describe as first teamers playing.

Played with John and Omar Elabdollloiudsuhs (cant spell that one) once on the Parrs Wood astro turf when they had literally just signed up with City, clad in the complete city tracksuit, they walked up to us and kindly asked if they could have a kick about; one of their dads watching from the sidelines.

Ive played with a the occasional prem footballer (and football league players) in my time, seen Welbeck play (who was amazing) and obviously they were clearly playing on a different planet to the rest of my mates, but seriously at 15 these kids were absolutely unbelievable for their age.

John told me that Zlatan had a really good relationship with his father and is confident of Guidetti being a future Sweden player, and trust me, he really did look the part considering just how young he was.

Apparently he also created the penalty which Tutte scored on. First start for the reserves!

Some impressions from the MEN comment section:
I was at the game and it was an excellent performance by a young and hungry City side against a Burnley team made of 9 very experienced players . Guidotti was City's standout performer. Very stong with a good first touch and certainly doesn't lack in confidence unlike his mate who played upfront with him. Tutte has a bit of Barton about him. Always has his head up and prepared to run with the ball and has a fantastic appetite for the game. Can also see bright futures for the goalkeeper and James Poole who in particular is technically very gifted and easy on the eye. Not sure about the rest though. Helan seemed to lack the drive and determination that was obvious in Tutte. Maybe it's the scouser in him that gives him an edge in midfield.

mcfc_die_hard said:
hes shit hot on my football manager season lol

Yeah a good talent. From two different games:
<a class="postlink" href="http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp234/pr0_1991/john-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp23 ... john-1.jpg</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5808/guidetti.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5808/guidetti.jpg</a>

Evening all. Went to Turf Moor last night and thought you would like a few comments about young John.

His first two goals in the first half were total class, you could tell that because the Burnley crowd went silent, perhaps even gobsmacked!

In the second half City attacked on my half of the ground so I had a better view. I could not take my eyes off this lad, he is a joy to watch and you should all get down to watch him play. He is certainly not arrogant or conceited - I judge him to be a lovable extrovert. His hand is always up in the air as he stands tall and tries to attract the ball from defenders and midfielders who are often under pressure and are looking for an outlet - John always makes himself available.

He has very good positional sense, sometimes sitting 5 yards from their rear defensive line and then running like thunder when the ball is released leaving defenders flat footed.

A good team player - he often lays a measured ball off to teammates, so he plays for the lads. I cannot remember Sturridge playing this way.

There was one split second move when he bounced the ball off his chest, over his head and over the close defender at the same time, he turned quickly and if he had not been obstructed by that defender he was clear and away in the penalty box.

He is deadly with a clear view on goal, but I suppose you don't get many 'clear views' in the Premier league.

So, is he ready to play for the big boys team? I may be wrong, but not yet. Those first team players are faster off the mark, more accurate in their passing and stronger. I look forward to future Training Reports to see if John can eventually adapt to the Senior standards, because if he can, we have a winner.

Don't just listen to me, do get down to see him and the excellent team that he plays for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.