U21s derby at Old Trafford on Tuesday

dannybcity said:
I'm surprised at the negativity. City's defending has been poor but we've dominated the ball and kept passing against a side sitting very very deep. I'd be more worried if we'd been the side with ten men in our own half, regardless of the score.

for all the passing and domination we have done nothing with it. they've barely had to do anything to score

Re: U21's Derby

It's alright having lots of possession, but the killer ball is going to a rag nearly every time.

The only real plus we can take from this is the experience the U18s will get from playing against scum up to three years older than them.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
dannybcity said:
I'm surprised at the negativity. City's defending has been poor but we've dominated the ball and kept passing against a side sitting very very deep. I'd be more worried if we'd been the side with ten men in our own half, regardless of the score.
We've been playing in front of their back 4 all game.

True but we've stuck at it, trying to play football which in the long term is surely better than scoring first then defending deep? They're bigger and stronger and that's made the difference but it's not all doom and gloom.

dannybcity said:
Possession doesn't win games, but poor defending can certainly lose you games.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
so bad at defending, united barely have to anything and they score. For all the talent angelino has. He can't defend
Yet he's not been at fault for any reason f the goals.
First goal was a mile off and at 1-0 we should of had a pen on nemane, hiwula and barker offered nothing but Bryan has been fantastic.

g180aj said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
so bad at defending, united barely have to anything and they score. For all the talent angelino has. He can't defend
Yet he's not been at fault for any reason f the goals.
First goal was a mile off and at 1-0 we should of had a pen on nemane, hiwula and barker offered nothing but Bryan has been fantastic.

i know he hasn't I'm just talking overall every time I've watched him he hasn't been great at defending.

mscenterh750 said:
dannybcity said:
Possession doesn't win games, but poor defending can certainly lose you games.

Again, a fair point. But at the end of the day, how important is the result in an under 21's match? We play passing football, sometimes we win and sometimes we lose but we keep playing football regardless. In my opinion that's more beneficial in the long term than the way the rags have set up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.