UB40

The only genuinely funny line in "Life on the Road" (Gervais) was when the rapper on his tour said that, when on stage with Brent, he felt uncomfortable, likening it "to what the two dreads in UB40 have been going through for years".

T
Once had a beer with a white Barbadian who had a hugely strong Caribbean accent, which was a bit odd but totally genuine.
Tony Cozier, white cricket commentator, had a beautiful Bajan accent.
Some white West Indians who have Caribbean accents have been criticised for cultural appropriation which sums up that nonsense.
EDIT PS. Beaten to both points by a poster above. Serves me right for reading the thread backwards

Last edited:
RIP Brian Travers

Very sad news.

I loved UB40 in the early '80s. Songs like King, Food for Thought, The Earth Dies Screaming, etc, were brilliant.

They were part of the post-punk/new wave era that I cherish fondly.

It seems Brian has had a very rough time of it over the last couple of years, and 62 is far too young to die.

R. I. P. Brian.

T
Tony Cozier, white cricket commentator, had a beautiful Bajan accent.
Some white West Indians who have Caribbean accents have been criticised for cultural appropriation which sums up that nonsense.
EDIT PS. Beaten to both points by a poster above. Serves me right for reading the thread backwards
Until I saw Tony on TV, I thought he was black.

Very sad news.

I loved UB40 in the early '80s. Songs like King, Food for Thought, The Earth Dies Screaming, etc, were brilliant.

They were part of the post-punk/new wave era that I cherish fondly.

It seems Brian has had a very rough time of it over the last couple of years, and 62 is far too young to die.

R. I. P. Brian.
Great post Vienna, I couldn't have put it better myself.
Me and the wife saw UB40 at GMEX in 1996 and it was a great concert.
R I P Brian.

Great post Vienna, I couldn't have put it better myself.
Me and the wife saw UB40 at GMEX in 1996 and it was a great concert.
R I P Brian.
Thanks for the kind words, mate.

I still love listening to music from that era; UB40, Specials, The Beat, Madness, Selecter, Bad Manners, etc.

Wonderful songs from a simpler more, innocent age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.