Uefa boss to scrutinise Manchester City's Etihad deal

there's not a cat in hells chance that we, The Sheikh, Etihad or the Soveriegn rulers would risk their reputation on this if some cnut former prime minister of Belgium could simply get a red pen out and go...Mmmmmm...can you explain this please...looks overcooked to me"..................maybe we want him to turn round and say " yeh £ 400 mill over 10 years with the campus an all looks cock on to me, in fact that dippers deal for shirts alone looks overcooked using this benchmark".....

Balti said:
So who is this guy who will be looking us over?

''In 1994, he ordered the unilateral withdrawal of Belgian troops from Rwanda, thus lifting the last barrier to the genocide of Tutsis''

YCMIU

a) shouldn't he have retired at 71?
b) wouldn't he be better employed in his home land? The last time I heard they hadn't been able to form a government in Belgium since June 2010.

I dare say that the deal is worth a lot more than £400m and that all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted, the operations of our owners worldwide are the very best of the best in all departments and you can be sure that we will comply to every facet of the legislation.

So crack on and verify the deal and let us get on with becoming the most powerful club in the world as well as the richest.

As for the rest of you wishing us to fail, Money talks bullshit walks is the saying I believe. It is so true especially in todays world.

Enjoy the ride fellow blues!!

Anytime i get some rag, dipper, arse, chelski etc. trying to use FFP as a stick to beat our club with and the typical "£400m deal is not right" crap i just simply send them this link

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Half are to thick to read/understand it and the ones that do realise they were talking shit all along and suddenly stop trying to use it genius.

Oh and if they do carry on a simple "shut the fuck up until you know what it is your talking about" suffices.

Re: BBC say UEFA Coming To Get Us!

Tbilisi said:
johnny crossan said:
jeanlucdehaene.jpg

Uefa boss to scrutinise Manchester City's Etihad deal

Page last updated at 10:35 GMT, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 11:35 UK
By Matt Slater
Sports news reporter
The Etihad deal is "unique and long-term investment", say City
Manchester City's sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways will be analysed by Uefa's financial fair play (FFP) boss.

In a 10-year deal reportedly worth £400m, Etihad now sponsors both the club's shirt and the stadium.

But with City and Etihad sharing Abu Dhabi links, critics have claimed this is an attempt to circumvent European football's strict new financial rules.

City declined to reply, although the club have previously said speculation over the figures was "not accurate".

Continue reading the main story
It is not enough to say 'we've got a sponsorship contract and that's OK' if the contract is out of line
Jean-Luc Dehaene
Uefa Club Financial Control Panel
"I have some questions, yes," said Jean-Luc Dehaene, the chairman of Uefa's Club Financial Control Panel.

"But it would be dangerous for our authority if we take judgements without facts."

The 71-year-old former Prime Minister of Belgium confirmed his panel would "benchmark" all deals to make sure they were "fair value".

"If we see clubs that are looking for loopholes we will act," he said.

"It is not enough to say 'we've got a sponsorship contract and that's OK' if the contract is out of line."

As well as the shirt and stadium, Etihad also sponsors The Etihad Campus which is being developed around the ground. This will create an expanded academy, sports science centre and training ground, as well as office and retail space and a 7,000-seat stadium for youth games.

All of this investment is exempt from the FFP rules as it is not deemed football-related. Any income accrued, however, does count.

FIFA FAIR PLAY AT A GLANCE
Continue reading the main story
Clubs hoping to take part in the Champions or Europa Leagues must balance their football-related expenditure over a three-year period
This is the first season that counts towards the 2013/14 assessment but clubs will be allowed to make a loss of 45m euros (£39.4m) over the three years, falling to 30m euros from 2015/16.
It is not until 2018 that clubs have to bring their annual losses below £8.8m.
The ultimate sanction for any club that fails to comply with the FFP criteria is a ban from European competition.
In an exclusive interview with BBC Sport on Monday, City's chief executive Gary Cook said the deal was "unique".

"The Ethihad Campus, which constitutes some 210 acres is unique in its breadth, depth and length of term," he said.

"It involves the tradition, which is shirt sponsorship, the naming rights of the stadium, but what we haven't seen in football is a campus, creating a place to be, to work.

"We've got a great relationship with Ethihad. It's a long-term programme and they are equally very excited by it."

Cook added that City's recent spending was "not sustainable" but was needed to quickly attain Champions League football.

Manchester City have been the focus of intense scrutiny ever since an Abu Dhabi-based consortium led by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan bought the club in 2008.

The club made a loss of £93m in 2008-09, £121m in 2009-10 and last year's figures, due in September, are expected to be even worse, despite an increase in turnover partly due to a number of lucrative sponsorship deals with other Abu Dhabi-based companies.

Etihad Airways, for example, is owned by the Abu Dhabi government. The oil-rich state's ruler, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is Sheikh Mansour's half-brother.

I wouldnt worry too much,by the look of him we can bribe with a slap up dinner!

And a couple of slappers for desserts.

Sleeping_Easy said:
Anytime i get some rag, dipper, arse, chelski etc. trying to use FFP as a stick to beat our club with and the typical "£400m deal is not right" crap i just simply send them this link

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html

Half are to thick to read/understand it and the ones that do realise they were talking shit all along and suddenly stop trying to use it genius.

Oh and if they do carry on a simple "shut the fuck up until you know what it is your talking about" suffices.

What a brilliant article - don't think we have any probs

Fuck off platini - great article.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011
UEFA unlikely to investigate Man City deal, despite reports
UEFA has not said that it will investigate Manchester City's partnership with Etihad, despite reports to the contrary. In the BBC's interview with Jean-Luc Dehaene, the Chairman of UEFA's Financial Fair Play control panel said that he has questions about the deal, but did not actually say that UEFA would be investigating it directly. That is because UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations do not work that way.

In the August edition of World Sports Law Report, Stephen Hornsby of Davenport Lyons highlights why a UEFA investigation of the deal is highly unlikely. Firstly, it is the club - not UEFA - which must demonstrate whether a sponsorship deal represents 'fair value' if the club itself flags up the deal as a 'related party' transaction. Under the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, Edition 2010, a 'related party' constitutes a close family member to club executives who either;
a) Has control or joint control over the reporting club;
b) Has significant influence over the club;
c) Is a member of key management personnel of the club or a parent of the club.
Therefore, unless Manchester City flag the deal as a 'related party' transaction, Manchester City will not have to demonstrate to UEFA that the deal represents 'fair value' and the sponsorship can proceed as normal.

Secondly, UEFA can only ask questions based on documentation received from a club under the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, Edition 2010. It doesn't have powers to investigate further than this. As we have already seen, unless a club flags a sponsorship deal as a 'related party' transaction, it is not required to demonstrate 'fair value' and UEFA will have no information to work with.

It is also important to remember that Manchester City has not announced the value of the Etihad partnership, and it is important that it is described as a 'partnership' and not a 'sponsorship' in the official release. As part of the 8 July deal, Etihad will also sponsor the development of the Etihad Campus around its stadium. This part of the deal is exempt from UEFA's Regulations in terms of assessing the 'fair value' of a sponsorship. Manchester City could claim that the deal is split into a shirt and stadium sponsorship that represents 'fair value' under the Regulations, and a 'partnership' to develop the Etihad Campus, which falls outside of the Regulations.

Jean-Luc Dehaene is a former politician and is unlikely to highlight that UEFA's rules represent a 'soft touch' approach to regulation, however it is disappointing to see the media not pressing him further for answers. It is especially disappointing to see media companies making assumptions based on what a politician has said.

Andy Brown

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.