UEFA Champions League changes

“Each club will play eight league stage games against different opponents, with four home ties and four away.

The top eight will go through to the knockout stage, while those from ninth to 24th will compete in a two-legged play-off to progress.”

Who picks those 8 opponents, and how?

Could we get Real Madrid, Barca, Ajax, Bayern, Juve, Liverpool, PSG in our “League Stage”???

The levels and ability for corruption are become more and more frequent…and that’s even before you pick the refs!!!

Even more corrupt. Who plays who will be a fix, we, the fans really should send a message loud and clear to UEFA - WE DON'T LIKE YOUR CORRUPT ORGANISATION NOR YOUR CORRUPT COMPETITION.

Mark my words, this will work out to favour the favoured few. And yes, I include the RAGS in that number!

Not quite pal, it will be top 4 plus a ballot for all clubs with the initials mufc. Here’s hoping that Maidstone u****d win the ballot.

It’s from 2024/25 so still time for them to change it again.

What I read was it will go on how well the teams in Europe in the league does who get that 5th spot and going of the premier teams record in Europe it be the premier who are odds on getting that 5th spot.

Wonder if this will lead to the premier league actually backing those playing in Europe by insisting on decent fixture scheduling.

What I read was it will go on how well the teams in Europe in the league does who get that 5th spot and going of the premier teams record in Europe it be the premier who are odds on getting that 5th spot.
My understanding is that the extra place(s) come in the 24/25 season, based on performances in European competition in the preceding season 23/24, which means the extra place (outside of the top 4) is only available to teams that
a) qualify for Europe 23/24 , ie do well in the PL next season
b) do well in Europe 23/24

My understanding is that the extra place(s) come in the 24/25 season, based on performances in European competition in the preceding season 23/24, which means the extra place (outside of the top 4) is only available to teams that
a) qualify for Europe 23/24 , ie do well in the PL next season
b) do well in Europe 23/24
If the problem is a concentration of wealth in a small number of clubs from the big leagues, as Italian clubs would argue, then this just makes it worse.

It makes the early rounds more shit. And puts more clubs from the elite leagues in.

So, how many extra games is this and where are they planning on fitting them in? Are they expecting the PL to cut the number of members?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.