UEFA Champions League changes

It's one league, yeas the teams are seeded for the fixtures, and think the for 4 extra teams, 2 will lower ranked, and 2 are teams with the best co-efficient over the last 5 years that don't qualify.
No, it is 36 teams in two leagues of 18 and you play 10 games, top 6 from each league go on to last 16 along with the 2 teams from each 'play off' from the other 2 leagues.

Don't really get the - "all 36 teams will be in a league where they play 10 games each"??
How the fuck does that work unless you split it into 6 groups of 6 playing home and away, then work out the table?? Any other way could leave clubs playing disproportionately more/less difficult games surely?
As for the "football festival" - I'm retired so it works for me. Anyone working enjoy taking that entire week off - and the expense.
If this happens I think a lot of supporters, from multiple clubs, will turn their back on it
They possibly intend to have intergroup games a bit like AFL. So you play the five teams in you group once and one team from each of the other 5 groups which gives 10 games one assumes five home and five away. 6 group winners and the two highest placed teams finish second go through. The next 16 places fill up the play-off positions. Which means you could finish fourth in your group of 6 and still get through to the next phase. The bottom 12 teams will be eliminated.

No, it is 36 teams in two leagues of 18 and you play 10 games, top 6 from each league go on to last 16 along with the 2 teams from each 'play off' from the other 2 leagues.
How will the 2024/25 competition change?
The pivotal change in the reforms announced by the UEFA Executive Committee after its meeting on 19 April 2021 is the departure from the current format’s opening 32-team group stage. The present Champions League season begins with participants divided into eight groups of four. From the 2024/25 season, there will be a single league made up of all 36 competing clubs.

How will the 2024/25 competition change?
The pivotal change in the reforms announced by the UEFA Executive Committee after its meeting on 19 April 2021 is the departure from the current format’s opening 32-team group stage. The present Champions League season begins with participants divided into eight groups of four. From the 2024/25 season, there will be a single league made up of all 36 competing clubs.

I stand corrected, again :(

Not seeded though in the league. The 10 games can be against any of the teams. In theory you can be drawn against the top ten teams in the league.

I stand corrected, again :(

Not seeded though in the league. The 10 games can be against any of the teams. In theory you can be drawn against the top ten teams in the league.
Don't think it's confirmed exactly how the games are allocated yet other thhan 5 home 5 away, though I'm sure I've read somewhere or other there will be seeding.
Now I'm completely guessing this bit but would think there will be 5 groupings and each team would play 2 from each group 1 home 1 away, seems to make most sense to me.

There's a bit in the press release that seals it for me:

"There is a reason that European football is one of the world’s most successful and popular sports. It never stands still".

It's ALWAYS been about the money.

why dont they change the name to European league or something more fitting, it is far from a champions league.

we all know they wont.

All the info you need to know is at the bottom of the trough. Unfortunately you cannot get near it because of the 'istry pigs who block any newcomer going near. Oh and the joker card clubs have a secret passage guarded by gills and parry's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.