UEFA coefficients

LoveCity said:
Dortmund will almost definitely move into Pot 3 next season as they were near the top of Pot 4. So a group of death next season may be less likely because I'm finding it hard to think which teams that make you say 'oh fookin' hell, how are they in Pot 4?' could qualify and be there next season. Napoli would also be Pot 3 if they qualify.

Anji Mahackala? They will be Pot 4. And we maybe leaough on them but Hiddink is doing a great team there with many good players they are leading the Russain league ahead of like Zenit, CSKA.

And Zenit, CSKA, Anji are like Dinamo Kijev just a huge upgrade on them in squad talent and in manager's skill.

I'm sure if Anji will be the hardest team in Pot 4 they will be with us in the group.

GoMancini7 said:
LoveCity said:
Dortmund will almost definitely move into Pot 3 next season as they were near the top of Pot 4. So a group of death next season may be less likely because I'm finding it hard to think which teams that make you say 'oh fookin' hell, how are they in Pot 4?' could qualify and be there next season. Napoli would also be Pot 3 if they qualify.

Anji Mahackala? They will be Pot 4. And we maybe leaough on them but Hiddink is doing a great team there with many good players they are leading the Russain league ahead of like Zenit, CSKA.

And Zenit, CSKA, Anji are like Dinamo Kijev just a huge upgrade on them in squad talent and in manager's skill.

I'm sure if Anji will be the hardest team in Pot 4 they will be with us in the group.

I recently watched them against Liverpool and they were a slow, boring, and horrible team to watch. That said, I'm sure they'll spend a lot of money if they qualify for the Champions League but I wouldn't fear them at all like I do Dortmund and Napoli. Since they play with so little pace I don't think we would struggle against them unless they have a stylistic overhaul between now and then.

Marvin said:
It doesn't. We had this last year. The points available in the Europa League are not significant. Irrelevant.

Not interested myself in the co-efficients and where we place.

Real Madrid are top seeds, so are Arsenal. They are both beatable. The best team in our Group was Dortmund. I think they came from Pot 3

|I thought i'd read that atletico picked up about 30 points after winning the el. is that not true?

LoveCity said:
GoMancini7 said:
LoveCity said:

I recently watched them against Liverpool and they were a slow, boring, and horrible team to watch. That said, I'm sure they'll spend a lot of money if they qualify for the Champions League but I wouldn't fear them at all like I do Dortmund and Napoli. Since they play with so little pace I don't think we would struggle against them unless they have a stylistic overhaul between now and then.

Dont write them off from an EL group match. It was like if we would say about City's strength from a match like it was Lech Poznan-Man City 3-1 in 2010 EL group stage.

They are not that good as Dortmund but I'm sure they would be a threat for us at least in Russia. And if they would be the weakest team in the group that would make that group pretty hard.

They are lot better than a really easy opponent like Dinamo Zabreg, Otelul Galati or Nordsjelland from Pot 4.

cibaman said:
|I thought i'd read that atletico picked up about 30 points after winning the el. is that not true?
Yeah, they picked up 34 coefficient points last season, more then even Chelsea. Even though the CL awards more points then the EL for progressing through the competition, draws are only 1 point and wins are 2, and Chelsea drew a lot of their matches (including the CL final, penalty shoot-out results are ignored), while Atletico won most of theirs.

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
Yeah pot 1 is still some way off but it is unlikely we could get such and appalling group every year.

Plus unless I am mistaken, we will receive some more points for just being in the CL at a later date don't we?

Mate, you've got your calculations all wrong, and, European competitions aren't over. So whilst we're done collecting points for this season, Dortmund, Malaga, etc. are going to continue to collect them.

We're moving back to Pot 3 as almost nailed on certainty now. It's a big shame and a big problem come the draw next summer.
Really? Even though what we picked up replaced a blank year?

If that's true then my apologies.

Plus there are teams above City points wise that didn't qualify this season, another reason why we were in a higher pot this season. Might not happen again.

In essence, the group of death cycle will continue until we, or rather, our Manager, shape themselves!

Pot 3 for next year.

Well Kijev, Sporting and the two CL group fiascos surely has some price. It works like that.

It isnt really important.

Celtic is actually trough to the next stage from Pot 4 if they can hold to their lead now. It's about tactics and getting the best out of players in CL.
Two things where Mancini failed very badly.

For Celtic to stay alive is huge. With their squad. Yeah they had an easier group (Barca is there tho and if they go trough it will be because they could beat Barca lucky or not lucky).

There's 60% of chance we'll have Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern every year we're not in top 1. We can't have any English team, it's usually United, Chelsea and Arsenal so that leaves us with 5 others and only 2 that are not first class of European football and honestly quite better teams than us. Based on our luck in draws so far, we won't miss one of these 3 ever :)

We won't get Dortmund or similar quality team from pot 3 every year but if we get one of those 3 we're again one mistake from group failure.

This season CL campaign was massive bollocks mainly from that point. Yeah, it's nice to play in quarters, it's nice to play in semis, it's nice to earn some money for FFP purposes but main bollocks is that step to pot 1 is not made, quite contrary.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's very simple.

Napoli managed it, Dortmund managed it. Why? because they played better than us.

We'll always get a group of death until we start earning UEFA enough money to warrant favours in the draw, so we have to get on with it and actually play well in the bleeding thing.

Which teams have 'earned' these favours?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.