UEFA Coefficients

I'm actually at the point of not giving a shit.
The whole 2nd, 3rd and 4th place idea, couple with an early league system, was introduced because teams of the old G14 wanted a guaranteed participation and no risk of an early exit. Financial restraints were added to stop other clubs buying success in the same way many of the G14 had.
All the proposed changes are for the benefit of big (historic) clubs. I hate the term "big club" but you know what I mean.
UEFA will bow to those who generate TV revenue or constantly risk some form of breakaway league.
The only way UEFA can deal with the problem is to appeal to fans of teams other than those participating in European competitions and get them to force their home FAs to rein in the so-called big clubs, but the national FAs are also scared of those who generate TV income so no action will be taken.
At games I slump in my seat watching referees screw us over (yes you Messers Atwell and Tierney) then come home to read about the PL and UEFA screwing us. It's a good job I have to jump up and down like a loony to celebrate lifting trophies.

Ten years of financial regulations has been shown to be a complete disaster. Football coped quite well for the previous 120 years without any. Clubs are businesses and should stand or fall on their own decisions.
As we did under Swales.

Well that rule be thrown out next season!

There was reports last night that the premier are going to introduce a wage cap and it will go of what the bottom team in the premier league turn over is times four! So most teams being bottom of the league with the money in the premier it be well over 100m so the annual wage cap be capped at around 400m.

This yet again is the yanks influence to English football! They’ll keep chipping at our game till they get what they want..

That would see a mass exodus of players overseas. A complete own goal.

That would see a mass exodus of players overseas. A complete own goal.
And provide the US-owned mafia with an excuse to revive the Super League concept, possibly via Saudi Arabian involvement. The rest of the PL would have to be brainless to fall for that one. Ho hum...

Remember when UEFA introduced their 10-year coefficient, which is used to determine part of the CL revenue distribution?

It was clearly a sop to the "history clubs", to ensure they got revenue even if they hadn't performed well in the competition. The main points came from winning the CL (or EL), meaning the clubs who'd won it a few times in the previous ten years got the most points. Because of that, united and particularly Liverpool, were ahead of us in that coefficient. Well, having finally won it ourselves, we've jumped up the table and are now fourth behind Real, Bayern and Barcelona, meaning even more money from UEFA. That worked out well for the history boys didn't it?

For comparison, Chelsea are 6th, Liverpool are 8th and united are 11th.

Thank you for spelling united with a small u, most don’t bother

The 5 year table is used for seeding.

The 10 year table is controversially used for allocation of 30% of the CL money and also includes a figure going all the way back to when European competition started. The history clubs argued they should get more money from TV and threatened a breakaway. This was the compromise and then they went for the Super League anyway.
There was a discussion yesterday about what an "organic" club was.

This sums it up perfectly. United get £20m just for turning up, while Newcastle get maybe £1m.

A stitch up, one of many, which does nothing but increase inequality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.