UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, a mistake to speak, or not to speak?
They've said they won't speak at the moment, haven't they?

A mistake to not speak. I appreciate what @Ric is saying about commenting on ongoing legal matters but given this is a tribunal (ie no jury) and the clubs agreed to make their appeal documents from last November public, there must be something they can say without effecting the next appeal or future court cases. Something beyond "The attempt to tarnish the reputation of the club is clear and obvious" etc.

If they don't say anything, you don't come off as dignified or obeying the due process of courts, you look guilty and there's X number of radio hours and column inches to fill - if they're not talking about or discussing what we're saying, they'll be talking about what UEFA is leaking.

I think we have 100% broken the spirit of the law, and ADUG putting money through Etihad/Etisalat so they can afford to sponsor us is very clearly not what anyone thought of as Financial Fair Play. Frankly I don't give a shit about that, professional football allowed owners to invest for 130 years before Mansour arrived, and it will be allowed again when FFP is gone in <10 years.

However I still think the club could have operated within the rules as the are written and thus be "innocent" to that extent.

Also I think it's entirely possible we're guilty but UEFA can't touch us because of some procedural thing like the illegally gained emails being the only evidence or them being outside the 5 year window or the settlement agreement meaning they can't reprosecute.

I'm not convinced though...the club has gotten things wrong before and if I'm doubting them, then its no wonder no one outside the City fanbase is really thinking we have a case.

As the day has gone on, I've been more and more convinced that the club needs to make some sort of proper, detailed public statement, because staying silent for months (outside the aggressive reaction statement) is going to leave fans isolated and the media with nothing but the opposing view to air.

In a court of law won't uefa have to show a money trail from Mansour personally into City through sponsers? Even if true I doubt there is anything in our sponsers books that will show a trail or we wouldn't be going to war.

The person who was topping up the Etihad money mentioned in the hacked email was His Highness this is the leader of the UAE not Mansour

I think his brother but forgive if I’m wrong I’m not as knowledgeable as the Dipper & Rag fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.