UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This man is on the UEFA Executive Committee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasser_Al-Khelaifi#Government_of_Qatar

Yet Soriano was blocked from being appointed. Given that UAE and Qatar do not get on is it too far-fetched to suggest there may be some high-level politics at play here? UEFA (along with FIFA) seem to have made their bed with the Qataris. Looks set for a titanic legal clash given the interests on our side (Chinese and US investment) I hope we drag them through the mud and fully expose the blatant protection racket that is FFP.

How we are getting such a ban and PSG are not is a clear sign of how corrupt the whole process is.

Fellow Blues, first time posting here. Thanks for providing a forum for City fans to get together and for all the great posts relating to the current situation with UEFA and possibly the PL. I never thought it could get so serious for us and the club but it looks like the Establishment are gunning for us. They are out to destroy our club and they couldn't care one bit about any of us and how it will affect our lives. The British media is largely a disgrace in the way they are handling this and coming after us. Now they are all boasting about how we could lose the 2014 PL title, Pep, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Laporte even Ederson. Seeing it in black and white like this is a pretty scary experience. When they say that UEFA have chosen the nuclear option I never thought I would see so many revelling in our potential destruction. That's what they are trying to do - destroy our club and our history without giving a damn about the ordinary people who will suffer as fans.

We've all just go to stay strong and support our club as much as we ever have. CTID!

Totally impartial governed by Swiss law abiding to international standards with a pool of eminent lawyers
They do much more than doping
The panel of three one chosen by each side the other independent from a pool

Yeah I know that’s how they are set up. Most of their cases are doping related though.
I just hope they are as impartial as they are meant to be.

I wonder how long before something leaks out. I must say Pep has looked super relaxed over the the last week. He has probably seen our dossier of evidence. The more I think about it the more I believe we must have a smoking gun. The public statements we have made would have been double checked by our lawyers. We wouldn't have gone in so strong unless we had powerful evidence.
This whole saga, including the Pinto hacking and Liverpool FCs hacking would make a great movie...but no one would believe the plot. You could throw in a bit of Pep's pals being locked up in Barcelona and the yellow ribbon protest for the European market!

Thought that yesterday. The City statement was very bullish and not typical of the sort of statements our ownership makes (or lawyers for that matter) - felt like the owners feel very aggrieved and are in it for a long legal haul. I think we have nothing but contempt for UEFA.

One thing that bugs me about this, I don’t buy the argument that UEFA know they will fail.
They are not morons, failure will be a PR disaster for them, yet presumably their lawyers have told them to go ahead with this ban.
They must think they can win.

I think we have 100% broken the spirit of the law, and ADUG putting money through Etihad/Etisalat so they can afford to sponsor us is very clearly not what anyone thought of as Financial Fair Play. Frankly I don't give a shit about that, professional football allowed owners to invest for 130 years before Mansour arrived, and it will be allowed again when FFP is gone in <10 years.

However I still think the club could have operated within the rules as the are written and thus be "innocent" to that extent.

Also I think it's entirely possible we're guilty but UEFA can't touch us because of some procedural thing like the illegally gained emails being the only evidence or them being outside the 5 year window or the settlement agreement meaning they can't reprosecute.

I'm not convinced though...the club has gotten things wrong before and if I'm doubting them, then its no wonder no one outside the City fanbase is really thinking we have a case.

As the day has gone on, I've been more and more convinced that the club needs to make some sort of proper, detailed public statement, because staying silent for months (outside the aggressive reaction statement) is going to leave fans isolated and the media with nothing but the opposing view to air.
Ok, here goes:

Dear Sirs,

We are really sorry, off the pitch, we have used scurrilous tactics to influence media and governing bodies. On the pitch, we have cheated and directed officials to the point of making WWE look like an even contest.

Really sorry, City.

.......oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.