UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This an extract from that pathetic article. What a vile bigot

"
Trawl the City messageboards in the wake of Uefa’s decision to ban the club from the Champions League for two seasons, and it won’t take you long to stumble across the rhetoric of scorched earth: of traitors and revolutionaries, violence and purgation, shady cartels and subhuman scum. "
Jonathan Liew swallowed a thesaurus and spat out big, aggressive-sounding words at random. His article is a rhetorical pile of puke.

Our owner will not take anything but a win?

We are now all or nothing surely?
1. Being deceitful isn't always 'a worse offence than the offence itself': it's in most jurisdictions (according to sentencing guidelines) far less serious than the original offence itself and results in much fewer prosecutions. Even in the UK, if I turned up at the Guardian's offices and slapped David Conn's bald head but then denied it, the only prosecution I'd face is one for the (common) assault.

2. More importantly, nowhere in the 'UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations' or 'the Procedural rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body' does it say that:

• 'Breach of trust' is an offence
  • 'Breach of trust' or a similar offence is more serious than any other offence

Once again, it looks like Conn's arrived at an opinion not just without facts but in the opposition of facts.

He really is a disgrace to journalism.

Was that an offer? do you have a gofundme thingy in the absence of legal aid to deal with the common assault defence ;-)

I wonder what Conn's end game/ideal scenario looks like? We loose and back down to the 3rd division and everything back to normal? SM pulls out and UAE becomes a bastion of human rights like the UK and USA? Those pesky Arabs go back to living in tents?

I've read he is a city fan. I'm not sure that's the case. He would at least put in some balance to his vitriolic scribblings. There again I'm not a pseudo political journalist.

If CAS can't process the case by this summer, are we still banned next season or does it automatically get suspended?
Up to CAS. I'd imagine that they'd suspend the ban. If they're taking their time to process the case they're taking it very seriously so a suspension would be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.