UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
surely the longer this goes on, the more unreasonable it becomes in not allowing the owner of a club to use his/her own money to keep his/her own club/business afloat. How can that be wrong ? I own a club and I wont allow it to go broke , oh hang on I cant save my club thanks to UEFA FFP ! even thought I have the funds to save it !
This post nails it.
In my opinion, the only reason that FFP exists in its' current guise is to prevent 'upstart' clubs competing with the establishment and even if said 'upstart' clubs were to fold (even if their owners had plenty of cash in hand to save them) the establishment would only pay lip service to those clubs demise. I feel that privately they would be celebrating the weakening/demise of another potential challenger.

It's all about being backed by a sovereign state with untold wealth, that's not fair in the football world.
We need to show we are not.

It's all about being backed by a sovereign state with untold wealth, that's not fair in the football world.
We need to show we are not.
CFG and MCFC both companes registered in uk. Anybody can look up the documentation which includes a full list of shareholders, directors etc.
Our haters and enemies ignore the facts as it is convenient for their propaganda. If their nonsense damages us, we should sue, but I guess this goes against the owners' grain.
The time of reckoning may be at hand.

CFG and MCFC both companes registered in uk. Anybody can look up the documentation which includes a full list of shareholders, directors etc.
Our haters and enemies ignore the facts as it is convenient for their propaganda. If their nonsense damages us, we should sue, but I guess this goes against the owners' grain.
The time of reckoning may be at hand.
CFG have just published their 2019 accounts and, without any external financing, showed a huge amount of cash generated just from operations. It was in excess of £150m and pretty well all of that would have been ours (i.e. City's). Not one penny introduced by ADUG or anyone else.

surely the longer this goes on, the more unreasonable it becomes in not allowing the owner of a club to use his/her own money to keep his/her own club/business afloat. How can that be wrong ? I own a club and I wont allow it to go broke , oh hang on I cant save my club thanks to UEFA FFP ! even thought I have the funds to save it !
The only clubs that should be allowed to invest owners money are those with large debts, the well run clubs obviously don't need the help.

A drowning man will clutch at a serpent, and if a board of directors is faced with a club going bust because its income has fallen to zero and its outgoings are almost unchanged they will take bank loans, interest free loans from owners and investment from owners (if they can get it). If they save the club UEFA would be powerless to do anything about it. What argument could it bring forward to show that such actions were a threat to the club?! The argument that the club is putting itself in an advantageous position is not admissible in law because that is the whole point of investment - to improve one's position by increasing competitivity! This is a lesson City may well teach UEFA, but no court anywhere would rule that clubs must go out of business rather than break FFP. The difference is that spurious arguments are possible in City's case - that City are rich and this makes it harder for other clubs to compete - but the corona virus crisis shows unequivocally that FFP poses an existential threat to clubs, whether it be UEFA's version, the PL's or anyone else's because "fair play" is a sporting concept and "investment" is an economic one. There is no "fair" level of investment.

That twat Ceferin has gone very quiet.
Isn't he supposed to be making some forms of statement regarding the utter worthlessness of FfP in times of crisis like these and that everyone can forget about it for the time being!
Or would that be the death of it.
Add to that later this year he's going to stand before (give evidence) to CAS about what a fabulous tool for governing owner investment it is!
The whole thing is a fucking sham.

That twat Ceferin has gone very quiet.
Isn't he supposed to be making some forms of statement regarding the utter worthlessness of FfP in times of crisis like these and that everyone can forget about it for the time being!
Or would that be the death of it.
Add to that later this year he's going to stand before (give evidence) to CAS about what a fabulous tool for governing owner investment it is!
The whole thing is a fucking sham.

Ceferin and Connjob have both gone quiet for the time being after taking great delight in sharing before and after stats on improved financial stability of Clubs after FFP. I’ve never seen them mention that income prior to FFP might have been suppressed by the last global financial crisis. Nor am I expecting them to avoid mentioning the latest economic crisis as Club’s finances suffer. FFP won’t turn out to be the panacea UEFA claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.