UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think we will here anything from UEFA until CAS has given it's collective verdict. That verdict will not be given until this coronavirus pandemic has subsided and we can get back to somewhere near a normal life. Which will be at least 6-9 months away, possibly even more. Before we even get back to anywhere what is consider normal life.

I do not think we will here anything from UEFA until CAS has given it's collective verdict. That verdict will not be given until this coronavirus pandemic has subsided and we can get back to somewhere near a normal life. Which will be at least 6-9 months away, possibly even more. Before we even get back to anywhere what is consider normal life.

I think City still want this concluded one way or another by late June. We need to plan for various things.

I suppose a late decision in itself will be favourable to our competitors, as it stops City planning properly as to say

Yep, delaying it and competing next season just kicks the issue down the road if we have to then go beyond CAS.

We would have teams coming after us for the money they would have earned in our place. We are in a better position than most to be able to ride out any ban and the impending transfer market downturn.

If anything, the two counter-act each other.

Is CAS still looking into the various complaints that have been lodge, even if it is only by video conferencing. Last I heard we were not scheduled for a hearing until after June, or maybe later. I think that once we have lodge that appeal, UEFA cannot ban us from any EUROPEAN COMPS until that appeal has been heard and a verdict given. There is no way UEFA can afford to say the ban remains and then we win the appeal. That would end up with them owing us £million's in damages. This being the loss of revenue plus damages to our reputation. Would UEFA really want that.

Yep, delaying it and competing next season just kicks the issue down the road if we have to then go beyond CAS.

We would have teams coming after us for the money they would have earned in our place. We are in a better position than most to be able to ride out any ban and the impending transfer market downturn.

If anything, the two counter-act each other.

If the ban was reduced to a 1 year, I could actually see that not being the huge issue it would have been 6 months ago.
The football landscape will have changed dramatically when it returns, not the blip some media are trying to say, still spouting 200 mil transfers.
In the short term income drastically reduced and as you say we are in a relatively strong position.

tolmie's hairdo, there is no way clubs can come after us if CAS say that the ban is null and void. They will just have to live with that decision. They will also have to try that bit harder to get to where we are and stop trying those dirty tricks that they are up to.

CFG have just published their 2019 accounts and, without any external financing, showed a huge amount of cash generated just from operations. It was in excess of £150m and pretty well all of that would have been ours (i.e. City's). Not one penny introduced by ADUG or anyone else.
Good information again, thanks for your diligence and that of 'Tolmieshairdo', 'KS55', 'BluesinceHydeRoad' and others. You've all been Gradgrind-like in your pursuit of 'the facts'. Pity our press-johnnies haven't been doing the same!

This is the thing that hacks me off most about all of this; the lack of similar diligence from our partial, venal UK press in general and the specific sports journalists who have been driving the anti-City propaganda these past years. The information is there. They choose to ignore it or else not to look for it, either out of stupidity or wilfulness.

And the cherry on the icing on the cake for me is how the UK sports press has behaved during the Covid19 crisis that is impacting every part of the planet. 'GiveittoGordon' described its current behaviour as 'tasteless' in the 'Media Thread' and I wholeheartedly agree with that assessment. They've continued to chase 'clickbait' with nonsensical, made-up stories about this 'transfer' or that; about what trivia their media darlings are up to; and so on, and so on. Yet as soon as someone like Sam Lee from 'The Athletic' dares to point out the hypocrisy of the papers they work for regarding our NHS workers, they pile on, angrily denouncing him in defence of the Devil's teat that they suck on. No sign of these journalists actually doing a proper job exploring why UEFA/the G14 have behaved towards City, PSG and others as they have; no sign of these journalists actually doing some analysis of where world football and its finances might be heading once this crisis and its economic consequences have all washed through. As the Bible says, 'Ye shall know them by their fruits'. Some pretty rank stuff among our sports press, then..

Keep up the good work countering the garbage they print and report, chaps..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.