UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an interesting case due at CAS on June 26th. it is listed as the Football Association v FIFA. that is all it says. I just wonder what that is really about. It doesn't state which football association it is, but as it is in English it has got to be ours. There is still no date been given about our court

Grassland Blue that is what I have been saying all along. The problem about going for Der Speigel is I do not know if they have in Germany a law similar to our libel law. If they do then let's start the ball rolling. We can still do Der Speigel for theft, even though they printed the story in Germany the theft was on our data base and therefore happend in this country. We want substantial damages if this bankrupts them then so be it.

There is an interesting case due at CAS on June 26th. it is listed as the Football Association v FIFA. that is all it says. I just wonder what that is really about. It doesn't state which football association it is, but as it is in English it has got to be ours. There is still no date been given about our court
There's this new thing called a search engine, it's really easy to use.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/up...enang-v-fifa.pdf?cloudid=mrvwwavaqcijhye4skyc

Grassland Blue that is what I have been saying all along. The problem about going for Der Speigel is I do not know if they have in Germany a law similar to our libel law. If they do then let's start the ball rolling. We can still do Der Speigel for theft, even though they printed the story in Germany the theft was on our data base and therefore happend in this country. We want substantial damages if this bankrupts them then so be it.
Would you, perchance, have a figure for damages in your mind? :-)

Last edited:
That is the bit that has troubled me ever since the announcement......
They're not sitting as judges within an independent judiciary though. They aren't an appeal court. Let's say you'd been the defendant in a legal case but hadn't been allowed in court, your defence team hadn't been allowed to present your case, you weren't even clear whether the panel of judges had even seen the evidence in your defence and the judges had been appointed by the plaintiff. Would you have faith that due process had been followed and that the verdict finding you guilty was entirely fair? I somehow doubt it.

Particularly if you also knew that the person who oversaw that court had been offering you a plea bargain months beforehand, clearly suggesting they could influence the outcome.

Last edited:
I believe that we are innocent of any wrongdoing.
The problem is, even if things go our way, some clubs' supporters will not accept that we are not corrupt and retain suspicion about us in their minds.
We really need to put this to bed and sue Der Spiegel and UEFA for reputational damage.

The ‘news’ papers will be full of ‘City get away with it’. So need to worry on that score.

@Kinkys Left Foot

Regarding this part:
"In any event CAS decisions are made public and it will make interesting reading."

I think the decision statement is published. Full details are only published if both sides agree - which presumably is there for the commercial interest side you referred to.

They're not sitting as judges within an independent judiciary though. They aren't an appeal court. Let's say you'd been the defendant in a legal case but hadn't been allowed in court, your defence team hadn't been allowed to present your case, you weren't even clear whether the panel of judges had even seen the evidence in your defence and the judges had been appointed by the plaintiff. Would you have faith that due process had been followed and that the verdict finding you guilty was entirely fair? I somehow doubt it.

Particularly if you also knew that the person who oversaw that court had been offering you a plea bargain months beforehand, clearly suggesting they could influence the outcome.

If they offered a plea bargain, hopefully all phone calls are recorded.

Is that what they call a ‘Kangaroo Court’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.