UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.

Bayern were actually a Jewish club, from a Jewish part of Munich and had a Jewish president and manager. When Hitler came to power the president was sent to Dachau and escaped after 33 days to Switzerland. The club was denounced as a Jewish club and the brownshirts once beat up the players.

So perhaps not the best target for that joke.

Kurt Landauer, rhe former president was taken to Dachau, yes. He didn't escape. He was allowed to leave because he had served in the German army during WWI. Yes. He moved to Switzerland. It could be termed an escape but since it wasn't a prison break style escape but more a smart thing to do I'm not sure "escape" is how you meant it to appear to support your argument.

FWIW, I read my wife and 2 daughters the original quote from the OP. They are Jewish. Their response was so what?

Last edited:
Your quotation about taking “not only a slice of the pie but push them out along the way” is interesting. That is indeed what we are doing, This is visibly demonstrated by all the purchase of overseas clubs and putting them under the city group. It makes you wonder, if we just went for a slice of pie maybe the cartel would have begrudgingly accept us rather than fight as dirty as they are doing.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed your tea!
This is the difference between us and Chelsea. They were attacked in the media for the first few years under Roman Abramovich. The atmosphere changed when he started throwing hundreds of millions of pounds in sponsorship towards UEFA and FIFA, especially via Gazprom. He started playing the game and was accepted into the fold as long as he didn't rock the boat too much.

Yeah I know but won’t the lawyers/judges at CAS will be of a similar calibre to the AC ones? If 5 of them at the AC think we are in the wrong then I don’t hold much hope tbh, especially if the AC had seen our “irrefutable evidence” before passing judgement.

City say they ignored the mountain of evidence they gave them but does that mean they looked at it and came to the conclusion it isn’t refutable or they didn’t look at it all.

If the AC did look at it and decide we’re still in the wrong then we’re fucked. Like I said on the face of it they all appear to be highly qualified and respected in their fields and I can’t see the CAS judges coming to a different verdict if you know what I mean.

If we lose now then we are guilty, nothing more simple than that.

Say what you want about UEFA but CAS it's not guilty or guilty the rest is just is fans trying to make out weve done nothing wrong.

Hopefully we win & the rest is history

2 fingers up at the fuckers & we go & sign 5 players & smash £300m spend

This thing that both parties are satisfied makes me think it will be a ban but a reduced one. Issue is if any kind of punishment sticks then Premier League/FA is the next one to as the new CEO will be instructed by Pool and United to do us.

This thing that both parties are satisfied makes me think it will be a ban but a reduced one. Issue is if any kind of punishment sticks then Premier League/FA is the next one to as the new CEO will be instructed by Pool and United to do us.
City would not be satisfied with any kind of ban.

The statement refers to both parties being satisfied with the process. Not any prospective decision.

I don't mind if it's one year ban, instead of two, especially if we win the fa cup and the feckin c.l....new assistant manager, because pep wanted that, makes me feel that we r on the way for more trophies....

By "satisfied" , they just mean that they are happy that the hearing was conducted professionally. It's got to be logged before matters are closed so one side can't come back at a later date and claim foul play.

I think what it means is that both parties accept it was a fair hearing allowing each other to present their cases in a professional way. I don't believe it has any reference to the outcome whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.