UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you do a statement when you haven’t read the reasons behind the ruling?

Might be wrong, but surely it would be common place to have 2 very short statements drafted up, with one of them expressing dissapointment at the decision and stating the club and its solicitors will have a detailed look at the reasoning behind the decision and make further comment in due course.

We know why Uefa have banned us and what for.

It might be as Ayrshire notes but there is still little reason for such short notice when normally it’s a few days as Projectriver says.

The fact that there are no leaks is nothing to do with they don’t know and more to do with not blabbing after being warned already.

Don’t you think a statement for either outcome would already been done?

There will be a draft statement and lines prepared for both outcomes but if we haven’t received the final judgement and summary then there will still be a process to go through to reconcile the prepared comms against the official verdict (and get legal sign off).

I don’t think CAS would/should expect a process of this importance to happen in a few hours. In my mind the scenario whereby city aren’t told until Monday morning is an absolute non-starter.

Last edited:
How can you do a statement when you haven’t read the reasons behind the ruling?
"We are obviously happy/disappointed in the outcome of today's rulings."

plus one of these extra lines ...

"We now hope to move forward in a positive manner with UEFA"

or

"We will await the full details of the award before discussing the matter further"

I can't see that Khaldoon would have already recorded a statement if he didn't know the outcome. He would have had to record three different possibilities. Charges upheld, charges reduced & charges overturned speech.

One thing that bothers me about the "irrefutable evidence", is the word believe, why not say we have irrefutable evidence?

Ferran Soriano, “We delivered a long list of documents and support that we believe is irrefutable evidence that the claims are not true and it was hard because we did this in the context of information being leaked to the media in the context of feeling that every step of the way, every engagement we had, we felt that we were considered guilty before anything was even discussed.

https://www.the42.ie/manchester-city-uefa-ban-soriano-5013704-Feb2020/

“The award shall be enforceable from such notification of the operative part by courier, facsimile and/or electronic mail.“ R59 of CAS.

This suggests that, once the decision is notified to the parties it is ‘enforced’. If it is transmitted today, it is in force from today and there is no reason to keep it quiet. For this reason and my earlier post about the effect on share prices (should it involve a different football club), I don’t see how anybody, save for the 3 CAS judges can KNOW the outcome. I think the club and EUFA find out, definitively, at the same time we do. That’s not to say that people won’t have a feel for how it has turned out, but that’s obviously not the same as knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.