UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not suggesting it is up to us to fix it. And I never said we would or should take that task on, on our own.
I do however agree with those that are saying that if we compromise now, it will be something else in a couple of years.

FWIW I don’t believe we are getting on the inside anytime soon. I think it will take a major showdown.
There is no appeasing the ECA which is the tail that’s wagging the dog that UEFA is.
I don’t think it’s a case of taking on UEFA as much as it is breaking their will to pander to the old G14.

Booing the anthem was just used as an analogy for keeping our principles.

Can’t disagree with any of that, I absolutely agree that we shouldn’t compromise this time. By the sounds of Khaldoon’s comments there will be no more “pinches”.
I just want us to clear our name and get on with playing football.

I can understand the owners not hating FFP after we finally pass through it, but fans should never do it. I certainly won't. It was ****ish thing to stop us being competition to cartel, it will be ****ish thing to stop someone else competing with us.
That's something I don't understand. Why should we fight UEFA to enable other clubs to compete with us when those same other clubs are happy to stay silent when we are blatantly being victimised.
I, like you, think FFP is wrong, but we have been hung out to dry by every other club without so much as a whimper of support as a matter of principle. In fact they have all been happy to see us being hounded by UEFA as a counter to our financial power.
So when we get through this it's a fuck'em all from me. They can fight their own fucking battles just like we are fighting ours.

That's something I don't understand. Why should we fight UEFA to enable other clubs to compete with us when those same other clubs are happy to stay silent when we are blatantly being victimised.
I, like you, think FFP is wrong, but we have been hung out to dry by every other club without so much as a whimper of support as a matter of principle. In fact they have all been happy to see us being hounded by UEFA as a counter to our financial power.
So when we get through this it's a fuck'em all from me. They can fight their own fucking battles just like we are fighting ours.

Club will think that way, no doubt, but I just can't force myself. With other clubs being ****s or not. It's just not right. Invested lot of time arguing about ****ishness of the core FFP principles just to make a full turn. I can't.

Not sure this would be particularly effective tbh.

Let’s say PSG go out and the owner subsidises 100m of transfers in the summer-

The owner would have to put a further 100m into the kitty which I imagine would be divvied up between the 32 teams in the competition - about 3 million per club. Hardly going to ‘assist’ those clubs greatly is it? Hardly enough to ‘stop’ an owner splurging if he wants to / can afford to.

Yes the owner would have to pay out a further 100m, but let’s have it right if he’s happy to splash 100m on shiny new toys and that’s the level of wealth we’re dealing with, he’s hardly going to shit himself about another 100m is he?

Wouldn’t it also be a way of ‘bypassing’ FFP rules as effectively the subsidised buying would be being done ‘outside of’ FFP?
Yeah it would be a way of bypassing FFP because the idea is to replace FFP with that tax so there would be no FFP.

It’s the system they brought in in China and it’s bollocks.

A better way would be to install a football-protection fee, by the Premier League and Football League.

The clubs that buy players, should pay 10% to grassroot leagues, 15% to nonleague teams and 5% to preserve league two and league one clubs. The top two flights of football get enough to mismanage on their own. The FA, the regional FAs etc should regulate all of this. The Premier League and Football League can set a great example of proper financial fairplay that would urinate over anything UEFA could do.

Not sure this would be particularly effective tbh.

Let’s say PSG go out and the owner subsidises 100m of transfers in the summer-

The owner would have to put a further 100m into the kitty which I imagine would be divvied up between the 32 teams in the competition - about 3 million per club. Hardly going to ‘assist’ those clubs greatly is it? Hardly enough to ‘stop’ an owner splurging if he wants to / can afford to.

Yes the owner would have to pay out a further 100m, but let’s have it right if he’s happy to splash 100m on shiny new toys and that’s the level of wealth we’re dealing with, he’s hardly going to shit himself about another 100m is he?

Wouldn’t it also be a way of ‘bypassing’ FFP rules as effectively the subsidised buying would be being done ‘outside of’ FFP?
If they did and we received £3m, would my season card go up in price again or would City give Mangala another new contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.