UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep your right it will be if an owner gives his club 300m for players he has to give 300m into a fund that will be distributed to all the other champs league clubs! They are still trying to find a way to slow new owners and rich owners down! Uefa is corrupt t fcuk cheating barstools.

That sounds like it could be illegal to me. If they seriously suggest bringing in that rule, it should be challenged

By the same logic. We boo UEFA because of how they treat us and exclude us.
Should we stop booing to get to a final.
No.
Principles, is the argument we hear on here all the time.
Well no we weren’t part of the problem but do we want to become part of it. Because this discrimination will go on until we are on the inside with them.......
Or the whole thing is brought down.

What’s it got to do with booing the anthem?
There is no need for us to go on a legal crusade to bring down FFP when it can’t be used against us any more (once this current issue has been sorted one way or another).
Why should we spend time, money and energy to help clubs who happily stood by, supported FFP and watched us get shafted?
We should and will channel our resources into our own club....
And again, how can you say we would be part of the problem when we are one of the few big clubs who voted against it? We didn’t create this problem and it shouldn’t be up to us to fix it.

Last edited:
This reminds me of when the ref went to look at the Llorente handball on the var screen in the quarter final against Spurs. Although he was taking an age we all knew what the outcome would be. Same here.

Yep your right it will be if an owner gives his club 300m for players he has to give 300m into a fund that will be distributed to all the other champs league clubs! They are still trying to find a way to slow new owners and rich owners down! Uefa is corrupt t fcuk cheating barstools.

Not sure this would be particularly effective tbh.

Let’s say PSG go out and the owner subsidises 100m of transfers in the summer-

The owner would have to put a further 100m into the kitty which I imagine would be divvied up between the 32 teams in the competition - about 3 million per club. Hardly going to ‘assist’ those clubs greatly is it? Hardly enough to ‘stop’ an owner splurging if he wants to / can afford to.

Yes the owner would have to pay out a further 100m, but let’s have it right if he’s happy to splash 100m on shiny new toys and that’s the level of wealth we’re dealing with, he’s hardly going to shit himself about another 100m is he?

Wouldn’t it also be a way of ‘bypassing’ FFP rules as effectively the subsidised buying would be being done ‘outside of’ FFP?

That sounds like it could be illegal to me. If they seriously suggest bringing in that rule, it should be challenged

I think a similar arrangement exists in one of the American sports - MLB or NBA perhaps?

Its a stupid idea, and as Stoned Rose said can easily allow bypassing of FFP. But we all know UEFA and its love of stupid ideas, so its probably a winner in their eyes...

By the same logic. We boo UEFA because of how they treat us and exclude us.
Should we stop booing to get to a final.
No.
Principles, is the argument we hear on here all the time.
Well no we weren’t part of the problem but do we want to become part of it. Because this discrimination will go on until we are on the inside with them.......
Or the whole thing is brought down.

I can understand the owners not hating FFP after we finally pass through it, but fans should never do it. I certainly won't. It was ****ish thing to stop us being competition to cartel, it will be ****ish thing to stop someone else competing with us.

What’s it got to do with booing the anthem?
There is no need for us to go on a legal crusade to bring down FFP when it can’t be used against us any more (once this current issue has been sorted one way or another).
Why should we spend time, money and energy to help clubs who happily stood by, supported FFP and watched us get shafted?
We should and will channel our resources into our own club....
And again, how can you say we would be part of the problem when we are one of the few big clubs who voted against it? We didn’t create this problem and it shouldn’t be up to us to fix it.
I’m not suggesting it is up to us to fix it. And I never said we would or should take that task on, on our own.
I do however agree with those that are saying that if we compromise now, it will be something else in a couple of years.

FWIW I don’t believe we are getting on the inside anytime soon. I think it will take a major showdown.
There is no appeasing the ECA which is the tail that’s wagging the dog that UEFA is.
I don’t think it’s a case of taking on UEFA as much as it is breaking their will to pander to the old G14.

Booing the anthem was just used as an analogy for keeping our principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.