UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope we blow this whole investigation wide open and show who has been behind it all from the get go....the leaks to the press in america, the pressure put on by uefa by those from within the inner uefa circle

Name them all

Does anyone really think this is about the owners? If they just gave up and backed off you’d never hear about them again, about sportswashing, weaponising of fans. All you’d hear as our trophies dwindled would be about the usual clubs regaining their rightful place....and there’s the root of it all
I have never seen people talk about sportwashing for Malaga with their owner being a part of the royal family of Qatar (even if distant relative to the emir).

They go after the guys that means business and can break their monopoly and surpass them. It is as simple as that. Old money hating on new fresh and bigger money.

Another couple of things (whilst bearing in mind that we may lose at CAS);

1) No-one should fall for the line that the media will no doubt spin, that abuse of process is a "technicality". It isn't. Correct process is a right of the accused in order to achieve fairness. If the process is abused it means that it hasn't been fair and any conclusions reached as a result of that process are entirely invalid.

The more profound issue, which, if abuse of process is proven, is the question of why the process was abused. It may be accidental oversight or it may be malicious flouting of the rules. To me, the thoughtfully-timed breaches of the confidentiality rules would imply the latter.

2. For the reason described above, UEFA should not reach any conclusion based on an investigation in breach of its own rules. To do so, and to publish such findings, notwithstanding a Court case alleging just such breaches would imply that UEFA consider smearing and thus financially damaging the accused is more important than fairness. That, in itself, would tell us a lot about the process, but I wouldn't put it past UEFA.

I wonder what the timescale is for the hearing of our case.

If we are successful in our appeal with CAS any ideas on how and where we might pursue UEFA further?
I wouldn't want to speculate, our focus will be completely on getting CAS to nullify this case initially. The club obviously feel the evidence here, and I suspect this will be specifically of UEFAs own guidelines not being followed at this stage only, is strong. It does appear they have cut some corners, the rushed last day announcement, the hacked emails and more, certainly can't confirm that myself but it would appear three separate firms of lawyers all felt that way, and if demonstrably against the rules then CAS won't like that and maybe we see a way to end this rumour and suggestions of wrong doing financially, for good.

From there I guess it depends on what else we have uncovered and what that suggests, which has to look probably also at what motivated uefa or individuals to act in such a way. We still very much want European success for the club to help launch the reputation of the club to the next level, but clearly the softly softly approach has gone as what uefa propose could impact the clubs growth and reputation significantly.

But Khaldoon did say, when people at top clubs meet and agree things, we find out about that. UEFA themselves have a far from clean nose and their motivations for acting in such a way could, by the a process of a legal challenge where evidence must be submitted by necessity, be exposed and proven as either misguided and damaging to some abiding clubs, or even as competitors deliberately infringing on competition law via use of a governing sport body in a multi billion euro / dollar sport.

But one step at a time. First you line up your ducks :)

Another couple of things (whilst bearing in mind that we may lose at CAS);

1) No-one should fall for the line that the media will no doubt spin, that abuse of process is a "technicality". It isn't. Correct process is a right of the accused in order to achieve fairness. If the process is abused it means that it hasn't been fair and any conclusions reached as a result of that process are entirely invalid.

The more profound issue, which, if abuse of process is proven, is the question of why the process was abused. It may be accidental oversight or it may be malicious flouting of the rules. To me, the thoughtfully-timed breaches of the confidentiality rules would imply the latter.

2. For the reason described above, UEFA should not reach any conclusion based on an investigation in breach of its own rules. To do so, and to publish such findings, notwithstanding a Court case alleging just such breaches would imply that UEFA consider smearing and thus financially damaging the accused is more important than fairness. That, in itself, would tell us a lot about the process, but I wouldn't put it past UEFA.

I wonder what the timescale is for the hearing of our case.

There is of course another equally damaging scenario. UEFA are cautious about the case and how to proceed and a number of its members Rick Parry et al are breaking rank in their frustration (and anger of not necessarily getting what they want) leaking this crap to the media to put pressure on uefa. The G14 cartel are arseholes but UEFA have legal professionals in place who will know what they are dealing with the potential downsides of their case - most lawyers are ultra cautious and conservative. We sometimes see UEFA as a single entity - I think there may be the possible that they are split over this and very conflicted in respect of the case against us.... we know the G14 have us as guilty and are trying to retrospectively construct a case... if UEFA have any decent lawyers they will be briefing against this and highlighting the dangers.

I wouldn't want to speculate, our focus will be completely on getting CAS to nullify this case initially. The club obviously feel the evidence here, and I suspect this will be specifically of UEFAs own guidelines not being followed at this stage only, is strong. It does appear they have cut some corners, the rushed last day announcement, the hacked emails and more, certainly can't confirm that myself but it would appear three separate firms of lawyers all felt that way, and if demonstrably against the rules then CAS won't like that and maybe we see a way to end this rumour and suggestions of wrong doing financially, for good.

UEFA will also need to explain their rationale for not speaking to CIty during their investigatory phase - most bizarre, even more so when the press leak talks of conflicting answers - how can they reach a decision without talking to the other party?

There is of course another equally damaging scenario. UEFA are cautious about the case and how to proceed and a number of its members Rick Parry et al are breaking rank in their frustration (and anger of not necessarily getting what they want) leaking this crap to the media to put pressure on uefa. The G14 cartel are arseholes but UEFA have legal professionals in place who will know what they are dealing with the potential downsides of their case - most lawyers are ultra cautious and conservative. We sometimes see UEFA as a single entity - I think there may be the possible that they are split over this and very conflicted in respect of the case against us.... we know the G14 have us as guilty and are trying to retrospectively construct a case... if UEFA have any decent lawyers they will be briefing against this and highlighting the dangers.

Indeed. I can't find it now, but I'm sure I read at the time of the leaks that the investigatory panel itself was split on whether to recommend punishment but I may have been guilty of seeing what I wanted to see.

From there I guess it depends on what else we have uncovered and what that suggests, which has to look probably also at what motivated uefa or individuals to act in such a way. We still very much want European success for the club to help launch the reputation of the club to the next level, but clearly the softly softly approach has gone as what uefa propose could impact the clubs growth and reputation significantly.

But Khaldoon did say, when people at top clubs meet and agree things, we find out about that. UEFA themselves have a far from clean nose and their motivations for acting in such a way could, by the a process of a legal challenge where evidence must be submitted by necessity, be exposed and proven as either misguided and damaging to some abiding clubs, or even as competitors deliberately infringing on competition law via use of a governing sport body in a multi billion euro / dollar sport.

But one step at a time. First you line up your ducks :)

love the last line

Would love a £100mil signing whist this is in court just to really piss on some chips.

Also, please can we sort out some banners and stuff for next years champions league games? I really want us to go to war with them and as fans we have to do our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.