UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The precedent if guilty on the Sancho thing is a slapped wrist and a season ban from signing academy plays as per Liverpool, therefore I expect Liverpool to demand a 10 point deduction in PL, 3 from 2014 and 7 from this season.

Is this the reason we are being Investigated now before the Court ruling?

Possibly. If so, I guess that could be for two reasons:

- so that UEFA get to punish us before it could potentially get ruled unlawful or
- UEFA can say we tried to punish them, but our hands are tied legally

Obviously if the court find that FFP is lawful, then it doesn't matter.

1) Won't be something they can do anything about. It's clearly against the idea of FFP but UEFA has no jurisdiction on deciding where Etihadis allowed to get its money.

I think this is where the context argument comes from

Etihad is a state funded airline , by definition they are propped up by UAE With cash injections , probably funded by the issuance of shares

The emails are allude to this but make it sound like UAE are directly funding the sponsorship rather than funding Etihad

I think the only people who will benefit from this are lawyers and the club as there will be a lot of media owners worried about potential libel charges when this all blows up in their faces. Can you imagine how the first conversation in court would go.

UEFA: Your honour we would like to present the evidence but the hacker who stole them has been imprisoned for his crimes and we have to rely on a German newspaper who he gave some of the emails to before he was charged, is that ok?

Judge: Case dismissed, all fees will be paid by UEFA and I award damages of £50m to MCFC

- so that UEFA get to punish us before it could potentially get ruled unlawful or

The speed investigations move & appeal processes...by the time it's done and dusted whatever the outcome we'll know the FFP verdict.

Wouldn't have thought there was a cats chance of UEFA concluding any investigation before the end of April given the complexities involved.

IMHO City and UEFA have agreed on course of action to put this to bed.
UEFA will have had pressure from other clubs but, they might be all a little nervous as to what may come out next.
Is it a coincidence that the announcement of the investigation has been made days after Pinot is extradited and information about his hacking of a bank where he extorted funds?
Our owner has influence with governments all over the world and I’m sure that this will have been used to get Pinto arrested. Then the next thing will be the illegally hacked documents will be destroyed thus making them inadmissible in court. I doubt very much that UEFA will use them then
UEFA will be nervous about the the EU court case and won’t want any distractions. They know, ironically because of the hacked emails, that Sheikh Mansour was prepare to go to law to challenge them before the FFP agreement, something that the Chairman described as “a pinch”
Two possible outcomes are
UEFA investigate and say there is no case to answer
Or
They investigate and City take it to law meaning years of delay and huge expense

We have a double whammy in being part Chinese owned as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.