UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City in the Community doing fantastic work in Manchester for decades. Never mentioned

Huge urban regeneration and job creation in a deprived area of Manchester. Never mentioned.

Fans stayed with the club during decades of non-achievement. Not mentioned any more.

Broke the boring monopoly in English football of the Sky 4. Never mentioned.

Delivered the most dramatic title win ever. Not important any more.

Brought the likes of David Silva and Sergio Aguero into English football. Not properly appreciated.

198 points in 2 seasons. Didn’t feel that widely appreciated outside our club

Won all 4 domestic trophies last season. Underwhelming response from outside our club.

Regularly fucked over by refs and var. Never gets a mention.

Everything good we do is ignored or played down. When we were shit we were loved, when we achieve we are reviled.

Everyone knows uefa are corrupt as fuck, so why when their kangaroo court finds against us, does everyone (apart from Martin Samuel) hate us to fuck?

We will get fucked over by the officials and by var against Real, we all fucking know it, but nobody outside our club will question it, or even acknowledge it.

The football world is fucking insane.

Goodnight

Ask yourself why would City turn down an offer of a nominal fine from UEFA unless we were very confident of the outcome.

Remember we have already been to CAS and may well have some insight into the outcome.

We should be worried but hopeful.

It is possible that UEFA knew that their case was lost and hence tried to negotiate a reduced settlement but as City wouldn't take it they went for the nuclear option...at least that way they say well we did our best? There were delays you recall to the hearing / announcement. Almost as if UEFA were left with no alternative.

Probably complete rubbish! ?

Tbh, even though it initially looks bad for City, I must say I'm pleased by this because I wanted to see UEFA and FFP challenged first time round (even though 2014 circumstances were different).

I'm not sure it's even from a City fan's perspective but purely as a fan of the game who abhors the concept of certain clubs having bigger caps than others on spending in a supposedly fair competition.

That's not to say we'll necessarily see a challenge of FFP (for a number of reasons) but it's long overdue we fought our corner.
im surprised its taken this long compared to the Bosman,maybe its finacial or like i said in another post clubs may have been afraid to take them on incase of becoming UEFA's next victim, at the end of the day all UEFA do is run an over hyped cup competition i'd love city to withdraw from it and make a mockery of UEFA,would it bother you? it wouldnt me, walk off the pitch against real after their little tune and refund the fans this would be the best statement ever IMO

Ask yourself why would City turn down an offer of a nominal fine from UEFA unless we were very confident of the outcome.

Remember we have already been to CAS and may well have some insight into the outcome.

We should be worried but hopeful.

It is possible that UEFA knew that their case was lost and hence tried to negotiate a reduced settlement but as City wouldn't take it they went for the nuclear option...at least that way they say well we did our best? There were delays you recall to the hearing / announcement. Almost as if UEFA were left with no alternative.

Probably complete rubbish! ?
How do we know they offered us a fine but no ban Marvin?

I hope we really do have a rabbit in the hat for this fight. I was chatting to the fella I know that is well connected in a media sense and he said that the club are up for the fight but isn’t sure from what he has seen/been told from other journo’s that they have enough solid evidence to overturn this. They need something that has not been made public and need UEFA to have nothing else that hasn’t! It’s all Ifs and buts so no clear outcome. It would be a huge blow for us if this is upheld. Need thick skins at the moment and need to show the world what we are about in the upcoming games as it the fans that are the constant in this club. owners, players and managers come and go but the generations of fans have been with this club for years.

Blatter and Platini both currently banned from anything football related when in reality both should be in prison..

FIFA, UEFA, FFP, VAR, G14, every one of these organisations, rules and (not so) Gentlemens Clubs are tainted by corruption and manipulation..

Billions of pounds swirling around in one big trough which has the chosen fews snouts buried upto their eyeballs in it..

Share it round and improve the beautiful game whilst its popularity is at its highest?

Fuck Off..!

No chance, we'll keep it all to ourselves and anyone trying to gatecrash will be heavily sanctioned and put in their place..!!

If City do not come out of this with anything but vindication then football is well and truly finished..!

I've recently seen and read a trickle of positive comments about our situation as the penny may just be dropping for the few who have dared to remove their blinkers..!

Football without competition is worthless..!

Will it step back from the abiss?

We'll all know soon enough..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.