UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, thought had said a reduction by a year would be possibly acceptable you?

I was responding to that and others with a similar perspective.

It can't be acceptable for the reasons I have outlined.

Agree with the need for City to project positivity but Khaldoon wasn't doing it for me and had no need to do likewise for the people in the room at the time.

Out of interest Tolmie. Would City settle for a suspended 1 year ban. Because personally, I wouldn't.

I am not as confident as some are.

There are 2 extremely powerful legal teams representing both Camps.Both teams have successfully won high profile cases.

This is high stakes for both us and UEFA.

Also potential investors in Premier League Football will be watching closely.This will be another Bosman defining moment for Football

My understanding is this Case is complex.That both legal Teams will be making a case from different aspects of the case.

Rightly or wrongly, i am assuming from this, that City will likely be challenging the validity of UEFA Case from the onset,based on UEFA retrospective punishment that breached their own rules.

I could be wrong.And it dont mean we wont be challenging UEFA case.

Just that we are starting from a different position right from the start,which would makes sense.

Why would we go to the hearing and simply challenge the ruling.If we believe said ruling was illegal to start with.

Me speculating.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem to be in the public I interest that one PL club has hacked into another one's computer systems and the punishment for the theft of information is potentially five years in prison

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/hacking-of-computers/
I've often wondered that with the narrative floating around that if found guilty the Prem could try for a piece of us as well as UEFA.....when we can apparently do nothing more re the hacking from the dips as we crazily signed the offence off, as it's potentially actual cheating/sealing rather than our alleged misdemeanour why UEFA along wouldn't try to tie it into an unfair advantage in UEFA games...............actually I know the answer it's probably sitting in the middle of a G14 wanking circle..

The hearing starts on Monday and its Saturday. Marcotti, Tolmie and any number of others have reminded us, if we needed reminding, what the cost of defeat could be. The Fat el Hombre took the reaction right out of my throat, when he posted, simply "Gulp". I am very confident indeed but there is always that doubt, that fear of the unknown (and everything in this case seems to be unknown!) that can set the stomach churning and the pulse racing. It feels just like it does when the national anthem has just been sung at the cup final - it doesn't matter who the opposition is.

Since the reminders of the consequences of defeat we've had the quote from the FT, which seems old and probably fake. City's irrefutable evidence doesn't even exist! But even so UEFA could "cave"! I hope this actually refers to Ceferin's attitude, to the efforts we think he made to broker a deal and to the fact that it is actually UEFA which has no evidence. It seems that a body of opinion believes that there can't be any evidence of serious breaches of FFP but that UEFA may have been provided, by the club! with documents showing that our accounts have been falsified quite deliberately - criminal activity to mask activity which is not criminal. Have I got that right? I don't understand that! I'm still stuck with my old problem, that I can't see what evidence UEFA can possibly have that can PROVE any infraction. I can't see any answer to our accounts. So please, all you wise men PLEASE TELL ME.

I'm still very confident indeed.

There is no obvious reason why UEFA should 'cave in' at this point. The worst that can happen for them is that CAS rules in our favour. Why would they not see what the outcome is rather than dropping all sanctions against us now? It makes no sense.
I posted days ago that the amount of cases that don't get to court in the uk is crazy...changes of plea, charges dropped right on the cusp, sometimes after a jury is sworn in....'Caves-in' suggests to be that there is a chunky part of UEFA who don't want this case to even open with CAS.

You have to bear in mind what's next in either outcome.

I'm sure there'll be follow-up actions either way which will make the messaging less black and white as made out.

city will take it further if we lose, is it in UEFAs interests to do the same if they lose? Surely they just take the loss and say ‘we tried’. I’d imagine a full court case gives UEFA a lot more to lose than it does for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.