UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the top team at City will keep it under wraps because a leak from our side could damage our case. But you are right about body language and confidence. People within the organisation will get a good idea of how things have gone just from the mood of the most senior managers. This case is a big issue for all the staff at City. There are people whose jobs will be affected if we don't make the CL....not just Pearce and Cliff. Of course the fact so many staff are working from home will help reduce the risk of leakage.
I expect the Dipper's hackers can work equally well from home

You can bet some journalists will be trying to find out though - moreso from UEFA’s side as most of them bat for them. Including that scouse twat Evans who will be in the ear of his contact (assuming that contact exists and it’s not his imaginary friend)
Scousers don’t have friends they just have future potential victims ;)

My main point really in all of this is that the cartel clubs and their mouthpiece UEFA will not stop until they have done what they set out to do once we had more money than them in 2008. The goalposts will continue to move until they become corner flags!

Getting a positive outcome from CAS will only make them more determined to try and stop us competing at their table , but they will probably have to use dirtier tactics once hiding behind FFP is off the table.

If we come through this and are cleared of any wrongdoing, do we think we would maybe draw a line under it as a fanbase, and maybe start looking at the Champions League in a more positive light? Nobody can deny we have been the recipients of some seriously dire treatment from Uefa, which I and i'm sure every City fan will not forget, but maybe an exoneration would provide an opportunity for us to start a new. I vaguely remember an interview with Vinnie where he spoke about the fans having to want to win the competition and the feeling the players get from the fans towards the CL.

I just wonder what peoples thoughts would be if/when this is all over with?

I have been on this thread virtually every day since it began and on the FFP threads regularly since I joined. My view has not changed since the introduction of Platini's regulations: they are clearly inconsistent with European competition law so cannot be enforced, I cannot believe how stupid the world of football is to fall for the claim that these rules are in any way fair play and I cannot see how football administrators can claim that owner investment is in any way a threat to the financial stability of a club. I hope that a part of City's case has been a full frontal assault on the validity of FFP. But I do accept that this case also involves proving that we haven't actually broken the damned rules at all, or at least showing that UEFA's claim that we did is improbable.

My knowledge and understanding of accountancy and related fields amounts to no more than listening to my mother's complaints when she was involved in the auditing of (small) companies in and around Manchester way back in the 60s. I remember discovering that the audit was a great deal more than a verification that the book keeper could add up accurately and that receipts were required for virtually every biro and paper clip purchased, so I have to wonder at the lengths and depths the auditors have to go to at City. I am grateful for the information and insights PB, projectdriver and others have made available to people, like me, who's understanding in these areas is, shall we say, very limited.

I don't actually know any more than I did a week ago and I'm certainly a lot more nervous but, funnily enough, still very confident. UEFA has been over our accounts and found us in breach of FFP in 2014. We denied any wrongdoing but were punished and punished severely. They now want to punish us again!!!! This surely cannot be permissible. We don't know but it deems that we are supposed to have inflated sponsorship deals - presumably the Etihad sponsorship to conceal owner investment - apparently according to emails which appeared in Der Spiegel. My club tell me these claims "are not true, simply not true." I believe my club and I do not know how UEFA can possibly expect to use such "evidence" to contradict audited accounts which "are a matter of legal record". Our accountants must surely have checked receipts etc and been satisfied that the accounts were a faithful and complete record. To suggest they are not is a very serious matter indeed?

That was well worth reading again. If nothing else, it clearly states in UEFA's own rule book they can/have/do remain involved in the process when it has already been kicked up to the IC.

Funny that the former IC chairman was also chairman at Celtic for a time - how the hell can people with historical ties to football clubs be appointed to such roles in the first place?

We see it with Gill, Parry, Platini...

I had forgotten that Brian Quinn (former Celtic Director) was also on the IC but apparently quit because UEFA were too lenient on City. A quick Google check shows he is now a Non Exec Director of the Qatar Financial Services Authority. FFS is there anyone connected to UEFA who is not on the Qatari payroll in one form or another. Don't forget that Rick Parry (former LFC boss) was also hired as a "security consultant" for the Qatar World Cup bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.