UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was sound last night and convinced we were going to win but the nerves have well and truly kicked in and I’m doubting myself.

Don’t even think I was this nervous before the final game of last season.

But apparently there is some kind of PL rule about gaining entry into European competitions by deception that they could get us on. It has been mentioned on here before.
I have heard that it relates to us getting a licence to compete in the PL based on "false pretences" if our accounts submitted for the CL are not accurate. But the PL has never implemented this in the past for other clubs which have fallen foul of UEFA rules. I can't believe they would try and single City out for this sort of action for an offence allegedly dating back to 2012. The PL rules didn't come in till 2013/14. I really think our lawyers would have a field day.
How long would such an investigation take? I would suggest years. It would be madness for the PL to go down this route and remember that FFP was amended after 2014 precisely to stop this sort of wrangle happening again. It would be like retrospectively punishng us for breaking rules which have since been scrapped. We could counter sue them for loss of revenue. It would be madness.

Something I have not understood this past week, and even less so after Pep's latest comments, it seems to be common knowledge that CAS let the two parties know the result before going public. Some of our very own experts on this subject, Prestwich Blue and Project River say this.

As it appears to be in the public domain why is everyone, pep, the club, journalists, all pretending that we don't know yet?!

Probably the same reason uefa have leaked nothing officially. Both have been told to keep it shut. Not sue what if any penalty's CAS could apply if broken? Maybe both signed a nda?

One scenario that hasnt been contemplated , and is highly unlikely , but i believe CAS do have the power to reduce a punishment, would we accept the fine of 30k and no ban , which is a win win for CAS , UEFA get their appeal victory and we stay in europe but are still branded cheats.
Not something i am sure the club would accept , their tone has always been total exonerration.
I'd say I'll sleep well tonight given Pep's last line in that interview. He seems to have jumped the gun...
Didn't he say its great great news for us?

Something I have not understood this past week, and even less so after Pep's latest comments, it seems to be common knowledge that CAS let the two parties know the result before going public. Some of our very own experts on this subject, Prestwich Blue and Project River say this.

As it appears to be in the public domain why is everyone, pep, the club, journalists, all pretending that we don't know yet?!
Because maybe we don’t know yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.