UEFA Independent Inquiry

I wonder if QR codes are "sequential". In other words a scammer only needs the first REAL QR code.

There is software out there to create your own QR codes for events.

So the scammer gets a real ticket. If he knows what he's doing decrypt the code or find out the "number" of the sequence. Then front here prints off hundreds more tickets from that sequence.

My money is on someone has copied or got hold of the QR data and reproduced thousands of "fake" tickets.
Almost certainly not, they should be quite complex and difficult to guess.

I don't think your prediction will be far out. It looks like there were at least a couple of thousand fakes which is bad enough. That said it seems very strange for a French Government Minister to claim there were 40,000 fakes. Being so definite about a figure leaves him open to losing his job when he could have been a bit more cautious. Certainly the French will have to provide some evidence. Some Liverpool fans are obviously culpable but you can't blame those who missed the match because of the twats who jibbed in. I have seen the French police in action before. They are the worst in Europe in my view (worse even than those in Madrid). I also believe Paris is one of the worst places to host any event because crime is out of control there and the streets are not safe. Most of the locals treat visitors with contempt especially English ones.
Ministers don’t lose their jobs over lies I’m surprised you don’t know that ;-)

Problem is UEFA. Totally corrupt and inept organisation. Will fine you MORE for arriving ‘late’ for a second half than racist abuse. Will fine you for booing their anthem. Will try to ban you from the CL for 2 years. Will fine you after that Atletico Madrid horror show.
Are we surprised that they cannot organise a CL final??

Problem is UEFA. Totally corrupt and inept organisation. Will fine you MORE for arriving ‘late’ for a second half than racist abuse. Will fine you for booing their anthem. Will try to ban you from the CL for 2 years. Will fine you after that Atletico Madrid horror show.
Are we surprised that they cannot organise a CL final??
Right on cue.

Hungary v England: Nations League match to have 30,000 fans despite supporters ban​

Industrial scale ticket fraud, amazing and shocking , who would have guessed the dippers were capable of such actions.

It seems there were nearly 3,000 fake tickets actually scanned, according to the Stade de France managers, a figure which has apparently been accepted as genuine by UEFA. That obviously excludes fake tickets that weren't scanned.

If that's the case then it's no wonder the police & stadium authorities reacted early in the pre-match period, when the scale of potential fraud became clear.

It's like dealing with the Kremlin. The British press won't analyse it. For sure decent fans were caught up in it but the root cause is clear. The French police responded disproportionately but I didn't moan when my lad was hit with a baton in Lisbon for singing. You are abroad.
I’m not sure they did respond disproportionately. Certainly not, if their actions averted even a minor disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.