UEFA Independent Inquiry

Yeah, good point - our wonderful UK press seem overly keen to pick up on certain things that the French are saying and passing it off as bullshit when it could just be a case of certain things being lost in translation.
It's like the constant references to late entry into the stadium. It is actually quite possible to arrive early at the stadium and have late entry into it, and that's exactly what happened. The fact that the French said late entry caused the delay is factually correct - however spokespeople on behalf of Liverpool and the fans and our news media won't stop going on about it because of the implication that the French meant that fans arrived late and were therefore lying.

Okay....so how, when he says "all tickets were on a UEFA app", and the LFC website mentions electronic tickets consistently, whay was there paper tickets?

And i'm not getting at anyone so apologies if it appears so PC.

Because you ask the club to print up a paper ticket for personal preference.

This kid is at every big match going, he's been to a fair few of ours. I've no idea how he does it but this is his take on the game

He's a YouTube "Influencer" who will say whatever he's paid to say.

There's a thread somewhere on the city board about him where his dad comes on to defend him.

Wonder if they can ask for a refund? If so, UEFA will be able to work out how many fakes got through.
2700 refunds to be issued to genuine ticket holders who missed out according to this article. That broadly squares with the 2800 fake tickets that were purportedly found:

Exactly.
3 things at play here:

1. Use of fake/no tickets to get in.

2. “Local” criminals mugging fans before and after the game.

3. Actions of the police in using pepper spray, tear gas etc…

the uk media deny 1 exists. The French authorities deny 2 and 3 exist.

my personal experiences of Paris are of a city that is full of people out to mug and rob tourists. It’s the worst in Europe for it. A large proportion appear to be immigrants also.
The French haven't denied this as far as I can tell. They've mentioned it and effectively apologised for the police's actions already but for some reason that keeps going under the radar with our wonderful press and large sections of Liverpool's fanbase/Liverpool FC, who instead keep crying about any mention of fake tickets.

2700 refunds to be issued to genuine ticket holders who missed out according to this article. That broadly squares with the 2800 fake tickets that were purportedly found:

Hard to ignore this information.

Hard to ignore this information.
Yep. It tallies quite well. The only thing I would ask is whether they actually are in possession of all those 2800 fake tickets that we assumed were scanned successfully? I think that would be unlikely as it would involve having to go into the stands to confiscate each one, so when they say "found" it could be that they don't physically have them but the technology has found the fakes that were scanned in and they've been cross referenced with all the genuine ones that were denied access?

He's a YouTube "Influencer" who will say whatever he's paid to say.

There's a thread somewhere on the city board about him where his dad comes on to defend him.

I struggled with the explanation of him coming into the North east of the stadium and having delays before going to his seat, when the problems that he was describing were in the south west corner where the LFC fans were coming in. Maybe it's just the way he describes it, maybe I didn't catch what he was saying properly (and I CBA watching it again) but that bit didn't make sense, unless all he's doing is repeating what others have said. Which would make his experience pretty meaningless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.