UEFA Independent Inquiry

Yeah, I'm not buying into the 40k fakes idea to be perfectly honest. But I've no doubt there were more than enough doing the rounds to cause significant issues in terns of getting in and from a safety perspective.

And I agree that it's not 100% on Liverpool fans to shoulder the blame but if part of what transpired does indeed come down to forged tickets then - even if only for the sake of their own fans buying bona fide tickets - the Liverpool fans responsible and the club should own it and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again, or at least doesn't happen on the same scale again. Going with digital tickets rather than paper tickets would be a good start.

They didn't say there were 40k fakes. They said there were 30-40,000 fans with either no tickets or fake tickets.

We know from multiple media sources that there were 50,000 Liverpool fans in Paris. We know that LFC were allocated 20,000 tickets, so 30-40,000 with no tickets or fake tickets may not be so very wide of the mark. But so what if the actual figure is 15,000? or 20,000? The evidence strongly suggests that the problem was caused by a large number of people seeking to attend a game they had no right to attend, and the authorities being overwhelmed. The specifics remain under investigation for the time being, but if people are going to take issue with what the French have said it seems sensible to react to what they actually said and not the way someone else has twisted their words.

Last edited:
I've not seen the aerial shots but have you considered a fair number may have already been inside?

30k+ sounds like a lot of people chancing their arm and I agree that it's probably on the high side, but remember there were estimates of between 50k and 150k Liverpool fans being in Paris. Let's take that middle figure and call it 100,000. 20,000 had legitimate tickets which leaves 80,000. Let's assume that several thousand also managed to get hold of tickets from the neutral allocation. I'll generously round that up to 10,000 making 30,000 Liverpool in the stadium. That now leaves 70,000. The Liverpool fan park held 44,000. Let's assume that was full to capacity for the match itself even though it may well not have been. That now leaves 26,000. Where did those 26,000 go?

R.jpg

Can see that happening.

5,000 tickets for us in Istanbul for the final next year.

The Scouse cunts would piss themselves with no self awareness of it was those fuckers that forced it on us.
No way any club in PL should stand for that. We've already paid for their misdemeanors.
We would have qualified twice I think early 90s and as for Everton I'm sure they'd be livid with any such suggestion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.