UEFA's plans for "summer footbal"

Just a minute. When do most people go on holiday. Cannot see this happening in a million years. Will they run two seasons back to back?

tommybooth said:
Just a minute. When do most people go on holiday. Cannot see this happening in a million years. Will they run two seasons back to back?

More like they would have an extended break (10 months with no league football!) and cancel a round of European tournaments and then start half a year late rather than early.

I'm not a violent man but just looking at that picture of Platini on The Independent article. If ever there was a face I could happily cave in with a brick...

I'd love to see it really.

I can never understand why we all sit there freezing int he winter watching and playing football yet in the summer when it would be a joy to go to a game there's never any on, it worked in rugby league i think we should give it a go.

i actually prefer watching the game under floodlights

but i dont care when the season starts and finishes

BigTony said:

I can never understand why we all sit there freezing int he winter watching and playing football yet in the summer when it would be a joy to go to a game there's never any on, it worked in rugby league i think we should give it a go.

I'd have to choose between playing cricket or watching football. I hope Blatter and Platini die rapid (yet unusally painful) deaths and it never happens.

so this is the next, & not very subtle, stage in paving the way for the 2022 world cup in qatar to be held in january. the changeover would require a gap of about 10 months when there would be no domestic football. what would clubs, player & fans do then? how many small to medium sized clubs would go out of business because they couldn't afford to pay all the wages & other running costs for 10 months with no income coming in?

what a pair of twats blatter & platini are.

Lancet Fluke said:
BigTony said:

I'd have to choose between playing cricket or watching football. I hope Blatter and Platini die rapid (yet unusally painful) deaths and it never happens.

I can understand your dilemma, maybe do both?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.