UK far right trouble July/August 24

Sport is a big part of the answer imo. Sport, art, music, dance, education, mental and physical health services, etc are needed to get young people to express themselves as they wish, to be healthy and to become obsessed with something positive in society. But it'd take generations of investment to change the English culture.

Maybe I'm plain wrong but Britain looks like it has just accepted that the "lower class" are groups of violent thugs to be kept apart. You see this in the football culture. Behaviour in and around grounds should not be acceptable. If proper investment was put into kids then maybe a sign of a change in Britain could be games with significantly less policing and segregation.

Last edited:
A lot of this comes from what has happened historically over the last 40 years. We haven't been at war in Chinese or Indian countries and we haven't been bombed in our cities by an extreme minority of them either.

Muslims are also a growing demographic, demographic estimates currently estimate that potentially 15% of the UK population will be Muslim by 2050, it's currently 6.5%. No other demographic is growing this fast. So some people will regard this as a slow invasion and Islam itself is very different to other cultures.

This isn't to say that certain people aren't racist towards other minorities because of course they are, they just view Muslims as a greater threat.

For myself I have zero problem with Muslims at all but I do have big questions about Islam and its long term compatibility with UK culture and law. How Islam treats women for example cannot be accepted ever in the UK. Obviously it will never be accepted but as the population grows it's understandable to have some concern.

Ever is a very long time

Doubling up on the % of population every 20 odd years is not in the scheme of things.

One thing that's occurred to me that nails the claim that immigrants don't integrate. Seeing mobs of young Muslims rampage around Birmingham and other places, no one can now seriously claim they haven't adopted British culture and values.

It'd be better if most were fat, tattooed skinheads clutching cans of Stella or dark-fruit cider of course but at least it's a start.

Last edited:
One thing that's occurred to me that nails the claim that immigrants don't integrate. Seeing mobs of young Muslims rampage around Birmingham and other places, no one can now seriously claim they haven't adopted British culture and values. I

It'd be better if most were fat, tattooed skinheads clutching cans of Stella or dark-fruit cider of course but at least it's a start.

Hahahaha ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.