UK far right trouble July/August 24

hi @Vic

You seem to post a lot on this thread so you must have a good grasp of the plurality of views on here.

I personally have been concerned about the number of people arriving in the UK over the years. I see myself as an open minded, liberal individual who sees the benefits that people coming to this country bring.

However, I just see the impact on housing, transport and other practical considerations that this level of migration brings.

Is this a fairly well represented view on here?

Cheers,

G

There has never been a factual or rational debate or discussion about the pro's and cons of immigration, although you could say that about so much of our politics.

No politician has really been brave enough to explain the benefits, it's so much easier to assume it is self-evident and that anyone asking why is a bigot or a racist.

The idea of immigration has never really been sold to to the British public so I can understand why people who are not extremists have their doubts. I would like to be better informed about the facts and figures but when everything around it is so highly charged I can't see how that can ever happen.

I do think the whole boats and illegal immigration is a bit of a distraction in that less than 30,000 came over by small boats, compared to legal immigration of 685,000. The vast majority of immigrants are legal and have come for work or study, with the biggest number coming to work in healthcare. Without them the healthcare sector would be in even greater crisis

One interesting side effect of Brexit seems to be that EU immigration is now negative and all the new immigration is from outside the UK. So for those that care about these things we are seeing a lot less white immigration and many more brown faces, which is the opposite of what many Brexit supporters would have expected.

Just had the misfortune to watch a video on YouTube of some of these morons. Giving it the big one, like some 3rd rate football hooligan gang of yesteryear. All while chanting, oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson. Absolute sheep, in fact sheep have more intelligence and compassion.

I feel desperately sorry for any innocents that might get caught up in this, but these morons deserve a good hiding and locking up.

Post covid/cost of living crisis version -

View attachment 127598
I keep looking at this and although I ‘Like’ it, there seems to be something missing. And, I think what it is, is that both of the people, left and right of the table, should be depicted with the same equipment, whether that be within service support or industry.

They’ve pitted us all against each other while they take more of the pie. And we have been daft enough to accept it.

There has never been a factual or rational debate or discussion about the pro's and cons of immigration, although you could say that about so much of our politics.

No politician has really been brave enough to explain the benefits, it's so much easier to assume it is self-evident and that anyone asking why is a bigot or a racist.

The idea of immigration has never really been sold to to the British public so I can understand why people who are not extremists have their doubts. I would like to be better informed about the facts and figures but when everything around it is so highly charged I can't see how that can ever happen.

I do think the whole boats and illegal immigration is a bit of a distraction in that less than 30,000 came over by small boats, compared to legal immigration of 685,000. The vast majority of immigrants are legal and have come for work or study, with the biggest number coming to work in healthcare. Without them the healthcare sector would be in even greater crisis

One interesting side effect of Brexit seems to be that EU immigration is now negative and all the new immigration is from outside the UK. So for those that care about these things we are seeing a lot less white immigration and many more brown faces, which is the opposite of what many Brexit supporters would have expected.

Interesting post thanks for replying to me

Yeh I think Boris made a real mess post brexit determining the entry criteria for non eu migration that should have been a lot more thought out.

I think the point about healthcare is interesting. As you’ve said If it would have been explained that x number of individuals are needed to fill x number of positions in healthcare then perhaps people would be more understanding?

He's perhaps influencing a minority in the UK but it's no different to what happens on TikTok or anywhere else. It's just the right have found a home on X and Musk is facilitating it.

I can remember when Twitter was once a left wing cesspit so it's hardly that different in my eyes. The only real difference is that I now always see political stuff automatically whereas in the past I didn't. This is perhaps because he's ramping up the platform to get more activity. This kind of thing isn't new, Facebook were well known for selling people's data to enable targeted political advertising.

Musk is a smart person, I don't subscribe that he's a far-right loony and he was previously a Democrat. His views on climate change and other things as a technologist pit him against most loony ideas on the right. If you listen to him on most things he's quite sensible and logical, his dark side clearly comes out on X.

He's a complicated bloke so it's hard to understand what he's really doing or gaining. There are obvious reasons such as backdoor channels through Trump to promise help with Tesla or SpaceX but those two companies are doing quite alright without that help.

The only possible reason I can think of that you’re excusing the words and actions of that nut job is if you’ve just bought a brand new Tesla and are worried about the depreciation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.