UK far right trouble July/August 24

Anywhere else think the Torygraph is keeping those plates spinning?
It seems to have set itself on a collison course with the Government when even the Hate Mail has turned turtle!
Whilst others argue about Zionism, I will argue with anybody that this paper is far more racist than the Mail. As you say, they seem to be desperate for more trouble, perhaps to keep the blue rinse brigade and Major Generals (Ret.d) happy.

This is a strange one. Not what he said but.... I thought that when someone had been arrested, charged and awaiting a court hearing, no one was allowed to show the incident as it was deemed contempt of court..... the Met police have issued a tweet saying he has been charged and with it they attached the video. Are they in contempt ?
I think it was shown on multiple channels before he was charged. And I guess that's why he was charged.

Surely by that measure, anything ever caught on video and shared publicly would be contempt of court? The video was out in the public before he was arrested, presumably.
Yes of course it was in the public domain before his arrest but I always thought that as soon as he was arrested the vid could not be shown. As an example, this place always talks about a naughty footballer and then Ric, or his minions, descend on us saying it's illegal and the thread gets shut down.

I think it was shown on multiple channels before he was charged. And I guess that's why he was charged.
@Two Gun Bob I agree, it was. That is allowed. My point is, after someone is charged you cannot discuss the case, (showing the video is just that) The Met in their statement said he'd been charged AND showed the video.
Maybe/obviously I'm totally wrong...... am I ?

Don't think I have ever seen a thread turn so many usernames black within such a short space of time!

A TSSA spokesperson said: "TSSA remains steadfast in supporting communities that peacefully stand against fascist aggression. We unequivocally do not condone any threats acts of violence as these actions are contrary to our values"

On the basis of this, maybe it would be sound advice to also arrest the lady in the orange bib who shouted Yes re the throat cutting jibe, or maybe the lady behind in yellow who produced more claps than a demented Sea Lion on phet.

Or what about the sausages in the stalls, all clapping profusely in total agreement. According to MY Prime Minister they are all culpable, are they not? Or maybe they all just got caught up in the moment.

Scenes like these turn protest into a dirty word, and that applies equally to all the sectors involved. Criminal damage, arson, violence on the person, assault police, weaponry, and threats to kill hold no place on the streets of Britain.

Abhorrent but unlikely to lead to further arrests as it’s going to be difficult to prove.

I condone all violence that’s based on political beliefs, race, sex etc etc. like I suspect you do and the vast vast majority of this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.